• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

worried about daisy - advice please! is it statis???

Julia123

Warren Veteran
any advice please, i got daisy downstairs for her veg and she's not eating, she's very quiet and went straight into her bed - she never usually goes in it...what should i be looking out for? don't know if she's pooped have two other bunnies....please help

Last edited:
any advice please, i got daisy downstairs for her veg and she's not eating, she's very quiet and went straight into her bed - she never usually goes in it...what should i be looking out for? don't know if she's pooped have two other bunnies....please help

Daisy may have tummy pain. When did she last eat?
Does her tummy look all tucked up?
Does she feel unusually cold to touch ?

If Daisy has not eaten all day and you dont know if she has poo'd then you really need to phone your Vet who may well advise you take her to the emergency clinic.

You could give Daisy some gentle abdominal mssage to see if that help disperse any gas. But if Daisy finds this painful you need to stop.
If you have any Infacol then you could give her 2ml of that. Infacol helps break up the gas in the guts.

But really if Daisy is in pain and not eating she needs Veterinary attention ASAP

Janex

Daisy may have tummy pain. When did she last eat?
Does her tummy look all tucked up?
Does she feel unusually cold to touch ?

If Daisy has not eaten all day and you dont know if she has poo'd then you really need to phone your Vet who may well advise you take her to the emergency clinic.

You could give Daisy some gentle abdominal mssage to see if that help disperse any gas. But if Daisy finds this painful you need to stop.
If you have any Infacol then you could give her 2ml of that. Infacol helps break up the gas in the guts.

But really if Daisy is in pain and not eating she really needs Veterinry ttention ASAP

Janex

hi jane

she ate her pellets this morning and has done about 3 small poos just now, i'll go feel her tummy

Is she moulting? Or are her companions moulting? She may have ingested alot of fur.
If you have a syringe then try getting some luke-warm water into her. About 10ml to start with if poss'. Then attempt gentle abdominal massages, working from the top towrds the bottom.
Also try to encourage Daisy to hop about as movement will help her gut motility. But dont stress her as that will have a negative effect on her guts.

Janex

she's not cold, ears are warm, have rubbed her tummy which does feel a little bloated but its not hard bloated she stamped when i put her down...good sign or bad? watching her now, she's washing.... its just she usually goes staight for the cabbage and she's shown no interest ..... ????

Is she moulting? Or are her companions moulting? She may have ingested alot of fur.
If you have a syringe then try getting some luke-warm water into her. About 10ml to start with if poss'. Then attempt gentle abdominal massages, working from the top towrds the bottom.
Also try to encourage Daisy to hop about as movement will help her gut motility. But dont stress her as that will have a negative effect on her guts.

Janex

yes, moulting and she spends a lot of time under the bed which does get very fluffy. will see if i can find a syringe - thanks will let you know

I think Jane has told you as much as you need to know. But hope Daisy is ok and i am sending lots of vibes her way xxx

she's not cold, ears are warm, have rubbed her tummy which does feel a little bloated but its not hard bloated she stamped when i put her down...good sign or bad? watching her now, she's washing.... its just she usually goes staight for the cabbage and she's shown no interest ..... ????

Cabbage is often the cause of a gassy tum in Bunnies. I never feed it to mne now having had problems with doing so in the past.

I cant know for certain but from what you describe it does sound as though Daisy has tummy ache and for your own piece of mind I suggest you telephone the Vet who may just give you some advice.
The fact that Daisy has done a few small poos is a good sign but if she feels 'bloaty' its better to act quickly as Buns can deteriorate rapidly.

Janex

Julia sending vibes for Daisy and calming ones for you. Hope she is pooping and eating now. :) xx

hey guys thanks so much, have called the vet and they said that as she's pooping and washing herself then that seems like a good sign..... have rubbed her tummy and ushered her up and down the stairs a few times........she's just had nibble at some cabbage but i've offered her banana but she doesn't want it.... could it be wind??? i'll keep an eye and take her to emergency vet if she gets worse but looks like she's ok....think i have some blackberry leaves in garden....is this ok to tempt her to eat??? can't find syringe for the water jane...should i try something else or leave her a while so as not to stress her??

She's eating a green bean

hey, daisy is eating a green bean had a wash and pooped more....yay !!! maybe was some wind which moved with massage - thanks for tip jane!

oh my goodness she is now washing nushka (only ever given her a small lick before !!)

sorry if i'm a stress head :oops: :oops: just am of better safe than sorry mind:roll:

thanks again you guys :D am still watching her though :rolleyes:

she just nipped nushkas bum yay !!! back to normal !!! :lol: :lol:

ok am going to go now....:oops: :oops: :oops:

hey guys thanks so much, have called the vet and they said that as she's pooping and washing herself then that seems like a good sign..... have rubbed her tummy and ushered her up and down the stairs a few times........she's just had nibble at some cabbage but i've offered her banana but she doesn't want it.... could it be wind??? i'll keep an eye and take her to emergency vet if she gets worse but looks like she's ok....think i have some blackberry leaves in garden....is this ok to tempt her to eat??? can't find syringe for the water jane...should i try something else or leave her a while so as not to stress her??

Banana might not be the best thing to give her if she is gassy, it is quite sugary so might make any gas worse? You could try tempting her with some favourite hay. As for the water, you could try wetting your fingers and dabbing them on her lips, she will lick it off and maybe decide that she wants more? Be careful with syringing (if you find one) that you don't squirt down her throat, you don't want her to inhale it by accident. Keep up tummy rubs and keep her moving. If she starts sitting all hunched and looks uncomfortable then she might need the vets. Hope she feels better soon :)
If it is hair, then 40mg bromelain tablets from Holland and Barrett help the hair move through. One a day for heavy moulting, one every few days if its lighter. I spilt them in half and give one half in the morning, one in the evening, he loves them! Make sure you get the 40mg though, I got the 500mg ones by accident the first time!

Banana might not be the best thing to give her if she is gassy, it is quite sugary so might make any gas worse? You could try tempting her with some favourite hay. As for the water, you could try wetting your fingers and dabbing them on her lips, she will lick it off and maybe decide that she wants more? Be careful with syringing (if you find one) that you don't squirt down her throat, you don't want her to inhale it by accident. Keep up tummy rubs and keep her moving. If she starts sitting all hunched and looks uncomfortable then she might need the vets. Hope she feels better soon :)
If it is hair, then 40mg bromelain tablets from Holland and Barrett help the hair move through. One a day for heavy moulting, one every few days if its lighter. I spilt them in half and give one half in the morning, one in the evening, he loves them! Make sure you get the 40mg though, I got the 500mg ones by accident the first time!

aww thanks so much but think tummy rub and ushering up and down stairs cleared whatever it was - she's back to herself now :D :D other bunnies ate her banana anyway....:oops: :oops:

Last edited:
Back