• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eye crusties

It could be just "sleepy-dust", like humans get. If there is just a little in the corner you can gently wipe it away with some slightly damp cotton wool.

If you think there's too much you should seek veterinary advice asap

I TOTALLY agree....there are SO many things that could be causing it if it is a lot, including eye infections like conjunctivitis, or dental problems. I would DEFINATELY get it looked at if it is a quite a lot on a regular basis.

We had a bunny here for bonding a couple of weeks ago who liked to eat his 'sleepy dust' his owners picked it off and fed it to him :shock:

He also licked human eyes to eat their sleepy dust too.....gross!

The best thing to do is bath it off with a flannel or damp cotton wool, but they normally clean it off themselves when they wash.

sleepy dust - never heard that word for it :lol:
I am very sad in the fact that I help my bunnies get it off :oops: I was like that with my dog though to :lol:

I've never heard it called sleepy dust either - it really made me laugh :lol:
I always wipe away the morning sleep from Loki's eyes - he gets really cross with me because he's usually trying to eat his breakfast at the time!

Of course it's called sleepy dust :shock: The sandman throws it in your eyes at night when he brings your dreams to you :D

We had a bunny here for bonding a couple of weeks ago who liked to eat his 'sleepy dust' his owners picked it off and fed it to him :shock:

He also licked human eyes to eat their sleepy dust too.....gross!

The best thing to do is bath it off with a flannel or damp cotton wool, but they normally clean it off themselves when they wash.

YUCK!!!:shock:

I've always called it eye cack. :D

Back