• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

would i notice???

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
hi this sound so mean but im beginning to worryt hat i wouldnt notice if my bunny was sick. I have four, two live alone, and two live together. they live outside n r very happy. thing is, cus they live outside, im worried i wouldnt notice if one became ill. Ive seen so much of people picking upt heir bunnies r ill bcus there not active/not eating etc, but from 8.00pm (roughly) til 8. am (roughly) i dont see them.....im worried something like this will happen and i wont be ther. And im worried i would just think 'oh your a bit quiet today peanut' and give him extyra cuddles. everyone seems so knowledgeable....and i know all i can on rabbit care...its just when they get ill that scaring me

am i jus being silly???

no your not being silly.

I have 3 pairs and I always feed them an extra handful of hay before I go to bed. That way I would pick up if one had become ill between tea time and bed time.

Nicola

You would notice im sure, if they werent hopping about as normal, not eating/pooing then just keep a very close eye on them to see how they act within the next hour or so. Dont worry yourself to much, im sure if one became ill you would have an idea that that bun just wasnt itself. xx

Aww Missy, don't worry yourself. I'm sure you would notice, you care so much about them it would be hard not to. The fact that you are thinking this means you are bound to notice. I suppose the fact that they don't eat if they are feeling off-colour is very good indication.

And you always have RU if you are unsure.... what a savior this place is!! :D

That's good advice - I think just try to reduce the amount of time slightly with the hay top up. You'll be fine - at least you know what to look for, which is more than can be said for most.

Back