• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm in the wrong profession!

~Splottifer~

Warren Scout
Telling me my bunny is lovely and in perfect health (5mins) £20.36
Panacur Worming paste (1 min) £ 4.81
VAT £ 4.40
Grand total £29.57

if his time costs 20.36 for 5 mins times that by 12 = 60 mins= 244.32 AN HOUR!!! :shock: I should have gone to vet school :rolleyes:

Still at least Im all ready for Splott to get his new friend now :D

Tell me about it!

Last month when I was at the vet with a sick piggie it cost £52 for 2 10minute appointments, fibreplex and abx infections.

I've spent probably around £1000 in the last year at that vet surgery:shock:

Nicola

Heeey. My Panacur today - two tubes - were 7 quid each. And that, on top of the VHD vaccine all came up to 30 quid.

But amber was so well-behaved I didn't care. ^^;

Its not as great as it seems! Most vets are in debt (unless they have been born well off already) and the consult fee normally covers the vets wage, the nurses wage (at least 2 per surgery on average) and possibly a receptionist so when its 10 consults per hour (some surgeries only do 4) its not as much as you think that they get paid! The medicines are usually 100% mark up though to pay for utilities, rent, other sundries etc and line the owners pocket!
Its the locum vets that are raking it in though, so if you decide to go back to school....become a locum!!!!:lol:

Oh and if you are a vet nurse, never go on a percentage based hourly rate, you will barely ever get off the minimum wage!!! Set wage everytime ;)

Buy panacur online its loads cheaper, this place is good, free delivery and it arrives in 2 days www.wormers.co.uk

Charlie gets health checked when he has his vaccinations at the usual cost of the vac.

when i took Gideon to the vets on Tuesday, Katie the receptionist showed me on the screen how much I'd spent at Abbey Vets since i started going there - £5000 :shock: :shock: :shock:

it does include Betty, Rosie & Gizmo who are now sadly gone, plus Jarvis 1 & Jarvis 2 the hamsters but it mostly relates to the fluffsters I've got now.

i usually figure I'll spend £50 every time I go to the vets just so it doesnt shock me too much. but at the same time i appreciate that vet charges have also got to cover the salaries of not just the vets but the receptionists and nurses etc, not to mention running costs.

Back