• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cookie's new 'toys' U/D With Pics!

Cookie has some new additions to her run now. I took the kids Lil' Tykes Playhouse, which doesn't see a lot of use as the spiders like to play there too, and I put it in her run. The playhouse is about 4 x 4 foot square. I took off the half door so she couldn't get closed inside by accident. She loved exploring it and running around it. It has two open windows across from each other on the sides. I put a box in the house for her to hide in and jump on. From the box she can jump onto the built-in table. From the table she can jump onto the shelf I made with a board secured from one window to the other. Then she could go back down inside or jump out the window to the grass again. She doesn't love the jumping out even though it's just a 2 foot drop. She doen't think it's dignified. :roll: So, I put the Lil' Tykes picnic table just outside the window, with carpet backing fixed to the plastic benches and table top for traction. Now she jumps from ground, to bench, to table, in the window onto the shelf, down to table, down to box, down to ground. She seems to enjoy it and spent this early morning sunning on the table before starting her circuit.
Also, when I was raking up the leaves our Maple tree has been dropping, I gave her a nice bushel or two pile to play in. She loves rearranging them to suit herself.
She came over and let me cuddle her for the longest time after 'helping' me with all that work. What more thanks could I ask?

Last edited:
August2007115.jpg

August2007085.jpg

August2007086.jpg

August2007087.jpg

August2007099.jpg

August2007103.jpg

August2007104.jpg

August2007105.jpg

We are lucky to have a big enough yard we can give a lot of it to Cookie. We started with the area under the tramopline and a low house under it, but that was difficult for me to crawl around in to catch her if need be. We expanded her run so she has as much out from under the round 14ft diameter tramoline as underneath it. She binkies all over when she sees me now, expecting some other play stuff with her normal handfuls of veg and noserubs!

Last edited:
Today's new addition is a huge box tunnel--we bought new garage doors that came in boxes 2ft by 8ft by 10 inches. I cut hole doorways in each end and on each side. Yep, definitely another success! She loves it! This better keep her happy for a while, as I'm out of ideas for new stuff. It will take a long time to chew this box into something I'd rather burn or bin rather than see her play with!

Yes, we take pride in spoiling her rotten. She really hates to be inside, even though we do our utmost to make her happy, so she stays outside and we keep her amused there while she keeps us amused. She is a sweet, energetic, intelligent princess,:bunny: :love: and we love her!

Now I am thinking about (shh! I don't want to get the kids' hopes up until I make a decision) maybe getting Cookie a friend bunny. Since she doesn't want to be a house bunny, I feel she ought to have a roomie to snuggle with in the winter. I'm just really scared about bonding, fights, dominance, etc. And Cookie is not spayed, which complicates things. Yes, I know all the good reasons to do it. I am very far from any bunny savvy vets and she shows no hormonal tendencies (never humps anything, is very neat in her toileting--except when angry at being inside! and is very gentle and loving). If we get another bun, all that might change! But if I do get her a friend, I want to bond them before it gets cold.:?

Hmmm - yes I am a bonding coward and have 2 seperate bunnies living happily as next door neighbours :oops: But they are happy so that's what matters - I do think they like company of some kind if they are outside. Plenty of rescues bond a neutered boy to an unspayed female with no problem - it really depends on the temperament of the bunnies involved. Just make sure IF you get a boy that it's 8 weeks since his op before they meet, or she can still get pregnant :shock: And of course 3 days in neutral territory, as females are more protective of their area than males are :roll:

Thanks for the info. :wave: I'm really going to have to study up, make notes, get really knowledgeable before going any further. It is so hard doing the right thing when you're not sure what the right thing is.:?

Back