• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big enough for 2 buns?

Starsign

Young Bun
Hi,

Has anyone got one of these hutches?

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_hutches/49303

Cant buy off happy hutch as I live in Ireland and really want to update my bunnies present accomodation! Would this be big enough for 2 buns to sleep in? (Both are med sized lops)
Will be attaching it to a 6ft x 4ft run. And they have full access to the rest of the garden when I am there. There are no reviews and I am just wary of buying without seeing if you know what I mean?

The hutch looks really nice and quite sturdy too, but I think 120cm is only 4 feet, so that would be quite small for 2 rabbits? I'm no expert though - my rabbits are inside so I don't have a hutch :D

I've been having this problem, 4ft seems to be a standard pet product manufacturers hutch size but rspca say minimum 6ft for single tier or 5ft for double tier hutch :? Why do the pet product manufacturers always seem to get it wrong?? :evil:

I've been having this problem, 4ft seems to be a standard pet product manufacturers hutch size but rspca say minimum 6ft for single tier or 5ft for double tier hutch :? Why do the pet product manufacturers always seem to get it wrong?? :evil:

I know, it's really frustrating isn't it?? :evil: The Happy Hutches come in a 6ft size though and I know a few people on here have those with an attached run for two bunnies :D

I imagine if they have permanent free access to the run it's ok. At the moment they are just guidelines which makes it hard for us to buy bigger as no one seems to want to make it. :?

I've got my bunny Maa in a happy hutch 4x2 over 4x2 run and it's no way big enough for 2 rabbits - she can barely turn around in it with the stairs and there's no room for a litter tray in the bedroom so I had to leave out the divider - I wouldn't put a pair in anything smaller than a 5x2 double/hutch over run, bearing in mind we have so much bad weather they will spend more time in the hutch than out of it :)

I'm sure for the money you could get a local carpenter to make you a good sized hutch?

I ended up getting my grandad to build one the right size and spec for me but it won't fit in my Peugeot 106 so I'm having to sweetalk friends and family to get one of them to deliver it to me in a van or trailer :lol: :lol:

Back