• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Just had myxi jab

Steffany2277

Warren Scout
Me and Midnight are back from having her myxi jab done, its the first one she'd had done with me, but she had her first one back in her nasty home.
i thought she was going to kick and squeal but there was only a bit of displeased bum and tail wagaling.
she is going to be spayed next week on thursday so fingers crossed for that! but her vet is really good and deals with our guinea pigs too and she makes them all happy and healthy so i'm really quite confident (but still guys can we have some nice thought vibes? lol)
read out all her forms for her as she was still a bit shocked and because i needed to read them anyway, she calmed down and she scented each form in turn so they really are hers!
only bad news was that her footsie sores from her nasty home have not healed as well as hoped so im about to fit some old soft floor lining in her hutch to see if thats the problem!
hoping all goes well!:D

Me and Midnight are back from having her myxi jab done, its the first one she'd had done with me, but she had her first one back in her nasty home.
i thought she was going to kick and squeal but there was only a bit of displeased bum and tail wagaling.
she is going to be spayed next week on thursday so fingers crossed for that! but her vet is really good and deals with our guinea pigs too and she makes them all happy and healthy so i'm really quite confident (but still guys can we have some nice thought vibes? lol)
read out all her forms for her as she was still a bit shocked and because i needed to read them anyway, she calmed down and she scented each form in turn so they really are hers!
only bad news was that her footsie sores from her nasty home have not healed as well as hoped so im about to fit some old soft floor lining in her hutch to see if thats the problem!
hoping all goes well!:D

I'm glad the Myxi Vaccination went well. I hope her sore feet heal up soon. A cream called FLAMAZINE is excellent for using on a Bun's sore feet. Its a prescription med' so maybe you could ask your Vet about it.

I hope Midnight gets on OK next week when she is spayed

Janex

I'm glad the Myxi Vaccination went well. I hope her sore feet heal up soon. A cream called FLAMAZINE is excellent for using on a Bun's sore feet. Its a prescription med' so maybe you could ask your Vet about it.

I hope Midnight gets on OK next week when she is spayed

Janex

thanks for the kind word, and i dont know if a cream could work, yes it is getting less sore but still if you touch the area she goes slighty balistic!

its a bit nerv raking, but it is for the best, most vets are doing it 24/7 so they really know how to do it! if only there was a way of telling bunnies what they where they wouldnt wriggle! lol

Back