• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Basil Angora?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
I thought lion heads had a maine and then short haier, but Basil is a puff ball!
0.0000012.jpg

Is he crossed with some long haired breed?

cool, I think my Flopsy was Cahsmere X but her fur was alot shortera nd softer than Basil's, maybe I was wrong though.
I love Cashmeres :love:

I think he may have Lionhead Lop in him as Cashies don't have long fur around their faces like Basil does.

Oliver:

cashies018.jpg

Young Arama - his daughter.

cashies006.jpg

Last edited:
Our Herbie looks like your Basil and he arrived described as a lionhead. I seem to remember 'double lionhead' being mentioned somewhere to describe all over fluffsters.

Herb is a gentle soul and is quite happy to be brushed for a raisin!:wave:

P90803721.jpg
[/IMG]

We think this hairy monster is a lionhead cross.. I should imagine there are lots of variations out there! :shock:

our last lionhead was only hairy around the head and then shorter on her body.
P50600021.jpg
[/IMG]

(hope these photo links work :oops: )

Last edited:
:wave: hi everyone, all your bunnies are gorgeous :)

So Basil is soem sort of Lion Head X- what ever the breed, he is a little fluff mesiter ( esp when he's moulting) and HATES being grromed and having his foot matts trimmed :rolleyes:

Back