• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO Sooz or anyone that has bonded more than2

karen354

Warren Veteran
Really not knowing what too do next :( I joined Thomas with Fudge and Furby now since Friday.
I tried moving them into Fudge's and Furby's shed a few days ago, I know know that was way too soon 4 them as it ended in a fight..

I brought them back into the kitchen where things settled down. We have moved them into the shed this afternoon and Furby has gone for poor Thomas again and drawn blood :cry: :cry:

They are both going up to each other nose to nose, are they both demanding grooming and none want to give in ?

They are still in their shed and enclosure but Furby is ignoring him now :? should I bring them back into the kitchen or give up ?

How have you treated the shed? What have you cleaned it out with, have all their toys/bowls/bottles been done to?

Do they fight over anything in particular i.e food, or is it just the shed?

Can you move them back into a more neutral area until they settle down, that way it will give the shed more time to loose its smells of its previous owners.

How have you treated the shed? What have you cleaned it out with, have all their toys/bowls/bottles been done to?

Do they fight over anything in particular i.e food, or is it just the shed?

We cleaned the shed out twice with white vinegar and scrubbed the paving slabs in there aswell.
I've taken all the toys out and food bowls.
Hubby has made another shelf in the shed and used tiles on the shelfs..

She goes up to him and is okay most of the time but now and then she just nips his bum and it ends in a fight. They have had 4 fights now since Friday.

What is he doing when she nips him? Does he retaliate or run away from her?

When they first went together he would retaliate but now hes trying to get out of the trouble.

I think I'll move them back into the kitchen again and see what happens ..

I think you may need to be prepared to loose your kitchen for up to 2 weeks.

She needs to get used to the idea that he is going to be around and have time to stamp her mark on the situation. Between her and Fudge as a pair who was dominant?

hi its me again, sorry i got confused with your last post about which bun was who. anyhow, i only have my own experience to go by, i have successfully bonded 3 but have also been unsuccessful at trying a pair in the past. it very much depends on their temperament, the two i failed to bond would lock onto each other as soon as they saw each other - even after i moved house and tried again - so nobody can say that wasn't neutral ! (yes the furniture was also new!) they had very bad fights one leading to max with a ripped ear and gabriel with a piece of skin missing the size of a 50p on his rump which went through to the muscle and a 3" gash on his belly - so that was a definate no for that pair, max has now fallen in love with shayla bun and lives happily with chloe, while gabriel has fallen in love with both daisy and nushka and is still with me, even so the bonded trio was not smooth, many sleepless nights and constant bunny watching - HOWEVER the difference, which is really point other than all the other ramble...:oops: .... is that daisy used to chase nushka and bite her bum, nushka used to put her head down to be groomed and get chased off, eventually daisy began to ignore nushka bun and they began to tolerate each other - last night daisy gave nushka a lick !!!:D so from what you have said i wouldn't give up just yet.

i used to sit with the buns and push their noses together so they got used to each others smells while stroking them, i kept doing it on a regular basis and seems to have helped. something i did also which most people would disagree with, is i kept them separated when i wasn't around and gave supervised time together when i could (social life went out of window for a while :lol: )

anyway this is rather longer than i had anticipated soz :oops: just wanted to say doesn't sound like you should give up just yet and don't e afraid to get involved in the bonding - i interfered and it work - oh and most of all good luck !

I think you may need to be prepared to loose your kitchen for up to 2 weeks.

She needs to get used to the idea that he is going to be around and have time to stamp her mark on the situation. Between her and Fudge as a pair who was dominant?

I've thought of this one before and I really dont know who was the most dominant out of the two. Fudge is such a laid back bun nothing seems to bother him unless food is involved....

When they first went together he would retaliate but now hes trying to get out of the trouble.

I think I'll move them back into the kitchen again and see what happens ..

just seen this was posted while i was writing my ramble, i think thats good he runs, nushka did and it stops them fighting - also where is other bun and what does he do - gabriel acted as a go between when i made him get involved... can you push them together and keep fudge under control? i may be rather unconventional but i lterally forced my lot to sit next to each other while i had control to stop any fighting...

Well whoever was dominant previously it seems that Furby has taken the role upon herself now as she thinks Fudge needs protecting from Thomas.

I think you need to persevere, maybe crate Tom at night so you can get some sleep but so that Furby and Fudge can still see him but make sure they are together when you can supervise.

For some bondings the slow approach is the only workable solution though I much prefere the stick em and leave em one, but not when someone might get hurt.

just seen this was posted while i was writing my ramble, i think thats good he runs, nushka did and it stops them fighting - also where is other bun and what does he do - gabriel acted as a go between when i made him get involved... can you push them together and keep fudge under control? i may be rather unconventional but i lterally forced my lot to sit next to each other while i had control to stop any fighting...

Fudge doesn't get involved at all he is actually a bit scared of the fighting...

I can't understand it she bit him and then went and groomed him :? got them in the kitchen and its settled already.
My 2 indoor buns are not happy because they love to snooze under the kitchen table..

Fudge doesn't get involved at all he is actually a bit scared of the fighting...

I can't understand it she bit him and then went and groomed him :? got them in the kitchen and its settled already.
My 2 indoor buns are not happy because they love to snooze under the kitchen table..

think furby is probably a bit confused, trying to exert dominance and getting a bit stressed, she probably didn't realise it was fudge ;) can you get all three and pop them in the bath together? i did used to keep movin my lot around, maybe furby wants to stay in the house and sees going outside as something to do with newby????? or is that nuts??? have you tried a small area of the shed and sitting with them?

IMAG1264.jpg

This is them when I brought them back into the kitchen..
Its jam on Furbys head by the way :lol:

I would think the issue is the shed is her and Fudges home and as much as her and Thomas seem to have " made friends" on neutral territory she is obviously not happy about him sharing her home space. Furby is obviously top dog without a doubt! :lol:

I've owned rabbits who have been happy to share a neutral play area and exercise together but put them any where else and they have gone for each other.

I agree with the other person who said you may have give up your kitchen for a couple of weeks...
If its working in the kitchen then stick to it... All I can suggest is maybe the shed needs to be left empty for a few days or weeks (as long as you can realistically!) so that the rabbits forget its theirs...
Then clean it again, add lots of new stuff and move things around and try and "con" them into thinking its completely neutral territory again...

It doesn't matter how well they get on in one area, any new area will cause a tussle over dominance surely? (person who's too scared to bond speaking :oops: ) I think if she's nipping him and he's running away that's normal for a new area, and nothing to worry about unless he retaliates or she pursues him to take a chunk out rather than just a nip and off he runs - is she chasing him aggressively? My 4 girls tussle all the time in a harmless way when they see me bringing food (or they think they do) - it's like 'no it's mine!' 'no I saw it first!' - and they nip and chase - sometimes one will really pelt after another and give her 'a good telling off' but no blood is ever shed (so far :roll: ) - and they are all loved up the next minute. I think the larger the group the more you have to accept this behaviour as normal?

Back