• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jimmy's farm

isla

Mama Doe
Did anyone see this last week?

They were building a very nice guinea pig village, but in the inclosure they had a rabbit, they decided to keep the rabbit in there as no-one knew if it would cause any problems between them. Anyway they had the opening day of their guinea pig village, and a customer was looking inside one of the houses and realised that it had rabbit babies, so of course she shouted this out, and everyone came crowding around it. Poor bunnies.

I've sent them an e-mail, saying that rabbits and guinea pigs shouldn't be kept together, and I listed the reasons why and I said that they should maybe think about contacting a rescue center and rehoming the bunny and her babies.

Hopefully I'll get an email back saying that they already have!

Good for you, I only saw some of it! where they thought a cow had died of Anthrax and were awaiting results! what night is it on again?

Have it on Sky Plus to watch tonight. Thanks for the heads up. I'll be less upset knowing someone's already on the case.
Let us know if and when you hear anything back!
Ta!

Will do! It was really upsetting, they really didn't have a clue about rabbits and didn't seem to know anything about guinea pigs either, it have really changed my opinion on the show. I use to like it alot, but after seeing that show, well.. getting animals that you don't know anything about is silly.

My mum watched that and mentioned the guinea pig and rabbit bit.

Why would a rescue rehome a squillion guinea pigs to someone who seemed to be housing them in the middle of a field with foxes around:shock: ? I can only imagine they didn't know that they were being used in that way.

I watched the whole lot and got the impression that they knew the rabbit couldn't stay there and were going to move it but then the babies appeared. They did seem annoyed about the babies (i.e. meaning they couldn't move the rabbit) .Where the bunny came from, why they hadn't moved it before and so on they didn't really go into.

Agree about the baby bunny pestering though. Don't think I would have been too impressed if I was their mum. On the other hand it would have taken a little time for jimmy to get to the babies and telling the curious 20 or so guests crowded round to b*@ger off wouldn't not have gone down well with guests and BBC whom are presumably paying him enough to keep the farm afloat. Hopefully he allowed a quick peek by guest that had crowded around, and the camera crew too, then put the house off limits. I may be being optimistic.

My mum watched that and mentioned the guinea pig and rabbit bit.

Why would a rescue rehome a squillion guinea pigs to someone who seemed to be housing them in the middle of a field with foxes around:shock: ? I can only imagine they didn't know that they were being used in that way.

If you do a search on 'Jimmys Farm', you should find several threads which may help put your mind at more ease. ;)

Ooops didn't realise that it had already been talked about! Or that it was last year! Oh well, I wonder what the email back will say.....:oops:

Only 12 of the guinea pigs (the first 12 I might add) came from me, there is no way I would let them have any more. They came here and spent a whole afternoon filming me giving Jimmy and Dolly advice on guinea pigs (including not keeping them with rabbits) yet unfortunatly they chose to ignore some of it. The rabbit was not supposed to be in the guinea pig village, she hopped over the fence and made herself at home in the town hall :censored: They found the babies on the day of the opening and dispite me telling them to move the whole town hall into a seperate enclosure away from the public so the rabbit and her babies could get some peace, they chose to ignore it :evil: I was told there would not normally be lots of people going in and out of the guinea pig village, it was only for the open day. When they were here Jimmy and Dolly seemed really concerned about learning how to look after guinea pigs properly, I am just angry about some of the things they have done since then. Unfortunatly I dont have a leg to stand on so cant do anything about it. Jimmy's farm have ignored any emails I have sent them :evil:

So I was right then, trying to give them some advice. Hopefully they might listen to it and actually find out about the animals they keep on the farm before they get them in the future.

I wonder if they know enough about the other animals they keep there? Or if they just get animals to get the publics attention, and hope they get it right when the animals arrive?

Really has opened my eyes and changed my opinion on Jimmy's farm.

How many pigs are there now?:shock: How dare they ignore your emails!:evil: If I was nearby, I'd go up and cause a fuss myself!:evil: They clearly show a lack of concern!

Just to let you know, I got an e-mail back.

Hi Hannah

Thank you for your email. Thank you for your concern but please rest
assured that the rabbit only had a very brief stay in with the guinea
pigs. It had escaped the previous night and given birth in the cozy new
house. We isolated them straight away and moved them as soon as we
could. Also since then we have built a separate enclosure for all our
rabbits and they are unable to escape into each others enclosures.

It would be great if you could have the chance to visit us some time.

Kind regards

Tanja Sadler
Office Manager
The Essex Pig Company

At least they replied.

Back