• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of Happy Hutch hutches

Frankie

Young Bun
Hi, :wave:

haven't been on here for quite some time now due to other commitments and stuff but i am now looking to buy a new hutch for my giant Flemish and i thought i could ask you guys for some help!
I am interested in the one in the link below by Happy Hutch Company, it would be the 6x2x2ft hutch with 6x4ft run
http://www.happyhutch.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=90&categoryID=6

However i was wondering if anyone had this hutch or one like it as i am a bit worried about the size of the hole for the rabbits to come down. Has anyone got any better pictures and any past experience with giants and a hutch like this one?

Thanks for your help :D

I have this hutch in 6x2x2 ft size and it is definitely too small for a giant rabbit. Not only the hole for the ramp, the whole hutch is not suitable. I would go for a shed instead and attach a nice big run to it.

Ditto, I have this hutch and it would NOT be big enough for a Flemish Giant, I really think you need a shed with access to an exercise area / run

and another ditto. i have this hutch for my lot to play in. although its a lovely spacious hutch for smaller bunnies, my Lola (14lb frenchie) cant fit properly through the gap to the run and cant negotiate the ramp at all. she would also find it hard to move around in the hutch.

also the run is only 20inch high so nowhere near high enough for giant bunnies.

i'd go for one of those kennel/run combos or a 8x6 shed plus run (min).

Yep I have it too, but for mini lop and a tiny lionhead x. My frenchies would not fit up the ramp and the girlies would trip over their dewlaps!:D

I have my two small bunnies in this but wouldnt put Buu in there, she is biggish but not a giant :D I think its too small for giants. I think you need a shed and run :D

It doesnt show the hole in the floor too well, but here is one of my small buns going down

DSC00292.jpg

I think a giant would have trouble getting up and down anyway :D

Last edited:
Back