• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One warm ear, one cold ear...

casu consulto

Mama Doe
So if ears are supposed to be an indication of the rabbit's body temperature - I know it's not the only thing that should be relied upon ^^ - what sort of message is that giving? Because one of Barney's ears was cold, the other was warm... He's so topsy-turvy. I should point out he's fine and chomping on grass outside now. This was when I went to collect him from his hutch.

was one ear in the sun and one in shade? That could make one seem hotter than the other.

If the cold one was really cold cold (not just less warm) there might be some sort of blockage meaning the blood can't get through properly.

On the other hand maybe your bun is one of a kind and can turn his ears on and off.

His ears vary. Sometimes I'll find them quite cold and worry.. watch him like hawk, but once he gets moving they'll both warm up. And there's currently no sun here to have warmed either. Both ears look fine.. it just amuses me that he has one warm, one cold.

Back