• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New nethie doe

traceybrowne

Warren Scout
Well just been to see and get a nethie doe. She has had 2 past litters 2 kits and 4 kits and apparently brought them up no problem (but she is very protective of her babies). She is a BEW just over 1yr old. I recieved her off a lovely woman called Racheal from houghton. She was getting rid of some stock as she was going onto french lops. She had a gorgeous french lop doe house rabbit sooo friendly i wanted to bring her home to !lol!

I thought i would see what you all thought. She is a bit wicked but then again most females are. Also she makes a wierd grunting noise when she eats which i have never heard my lot do !huh!

She is called Suga (without the R) I hope she is a good mum.

Also i just wondered at what age doe a buck nethie become sexually mature?

Image012-1.jpg

Image010.jpg

Image013-1.jpg

Cute. I wouldn't really breed a bad-natured female as the kits could inherit her temper but it's up to you.
Male netherland dwarves can be used in breeding from 6 monhts. (Though they can impregnate a doe from 10-16 weeks of age, but its easier when they're big, or they may not know quite what to do)

Thanks. I don't know whether she is bad natured in herself or what. i am going to try and get some confidence in her by bringing her into the living room with us each night for an hour and just leave her to do what she wants not try and stroke her or anything then i am hoping he will gradually get used to me and come over.

Never that easy tho :lol:

Back