• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BBC 1 8.30am this morning ref Myxo

Dasonix

Mama Doe
Hi there did anybody watch breakfast on BBC1 this morning?

They had a news report on the extent of Myxo infections this year.

For once it was actually very good as they gave all the right info (vaccs and how to minimise the risks).

So for maybe the first time I take my hat off to the BBC for getting this topic over in a easy to understand and correct manner.

I missed it. I was listening to the Hamster (Richard Hammond) on Radio 2 whilst cleaning out bunster pens.
Its great that the severe Myxo problem has been highlighted nationwide

Janex

im pleased, as there are probably lots of people who do not know the signs of myxi so would possibly leave their rabbits and not seek veterinary treatment hence spreading myxi further.

People with Kids were all up and they still probably make up the Majority of bun owners.

I spose - but then again I would imagine those kids would be watching cartoons whilst their parents catch up on DIY and make the breakfast :(

Just me who is a the lazy so and so then ;)

Thank God word is getting out there, I took part in a book festival on Saturday. My display was to represent the book watership down, but really it was to promote my rescue and rabbit care. I managed to get the message across to lots of people about vaccination and gave out loads of information packs. :D there was a lot of interest in the rescue and I answered loads of questions. It would be good to do this sort of thing once a month somewhere, here is my display! :D

http://www.carnegiechildrensbookfestival.co.uk/marketplace.php
DSC03573.jpg

Last edited:
I missed it. I was listening to the Hamster (Richard Hammond) on Radio 2 whilst cleaning out bunster pens.
Its great that the severe Myxo problem has been highlighted nationwide

Janex

The Hamster's on Radio 2?! :love:

Back on topic, the BBC bit was pretty good I thought.

Thank God word is getting out there, I took part in a book festival on Saturday. My display was to represent the book watership down, but really it was to promote my rescue and rabbit care. I managed to get the message across to lots of people about vaccination and gave out loads of information packs. :D there was a lot of interest in the rescue and I answered loads of questions. It would be good to do this sort of thing once a month somewhere, here is my display! :D

DSC03573.jpg

I have had 3 calls this afternoon from people i chatted to on Saturday at the book festival :D wanting advice and general info about keeping rabbits :D

DSC03573.jpg

Thats brilliant Kareen,:wave: :wave:

Back