• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

emaciated bunny needs vibes he,s a fighter !!!!! survived the night

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
ive just taken in a tiny black netherland dwarf he,s in a terrible mess :cry: :cry: :cry: his teeth were so overgrown ive never seen anything like it, he,s so thin i dont know when he was last fed:( :( he,s bright but has definetly bn suffering :( his owner died and someone found him today. he needs as many vibes as possioble to pull through,ive never seen a bun in such a state, i just had to argue with the emergency vet not to put him to sleep:evil: he deserves a chance at least poor little mite :(

Last edited:
emaciated bunny needs vibes

yay he,s eating he,s such a little fighter im praying so much that he,s going to be ok only time will tell will keep you all updated please keep vibes coming its working :) :) :) :)

Squidgy was abandoned and in quite a state when he came to me. He's always been a litle trooper though (I think nethies are in general) and pulled through well with lots of love and tlc (and of course his teeth being trimmed helped!)
Sending lots of vibes for this little man. Squidgy says "come on mate, you can do it!"

Kiki sends loads of vibes and a big bunny
1.gif
She's gained half her original body weight since being handed in, in a similar state, so fingers crossed, he can do the same. Is he going to have his horrible teeth out? Good luck little lad

emaciated bunny

if he makes it he will eventually have his teeth out but at the moment there is no way id put him through it, he only weighs 600 grams but since being home he hasnt stopped eating which is a good sign im just keeping everything crossed ive never had a bunny come in that is so thin so it was a real shock for me but im praying he,ll be ok

Lots of healing vibes. What are you going to call him?

Poor thing. I wonder how long he had been there all alone.

Been thinking about this little chap since yesterday - hope he's OK and not got sick with stuffing too much food down at once :shock:

Back