• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horrid start to bank holiday weekend

Bunnymonster

Warren Scout
I have the most horrible start to my bank holiday :cry: All better now though :D . (especially as I've managed to fix my internet connection and can tell you all about it!)

Got home a bit late from work on Friday night, hubby got home just before me and greeted me with "I dont think Ben is well" :( . He was sitting all hunched up, away from the girls and his little nose was all scrunched up and his eyes were a bit glazed over. He didn't react when I stroked him, or when I picked him up, which is just so out of character. As I picked him up, I saw he had a really mucky bottom which threw me into a panic. It was 6.30 and in theory my vets were just about closed, but their lovely receptionist is a bunny person and told me to get there straight away and they would fit me in after their last consultation. Luckily I only live 2 mins away.

The vet gave me fibreplex and told me to only give hay to eat. I brought Ben home and cleaned him up. Had a nightmare trying to get the fibreplex into him, but think I got 2 half doses in over the next few hours. I put him back with the girls but he wasn't eating. He'd pick up some hay, but just bite it in two and drop it again and he wasn't drinking either :(. Saturday morning he looked just as miserable as before, but without the mucky bottom, so I made another appt with vets, saw the same one again and he had a metaclop injection. Vet said I could take him home as I was so close and to pop back in the evening for the out of hours nurse to give him another metaclop if he needed it (which he did).

He's much better now, is eating and drinking plenty but I have no idea what made him ill in the first place. His temperature was normal and I hadn't fed them anything different recently.

I think they have their own little calender hidden somewhere!

They are all snoozing in the sun now as if butter wouldn't melt in their mouths :D

Luckily I have lovely vets who fitted me in and only charged normal fees (£14 + meds for first visit, £7 + injection for the follow up on Saturday and nothing except the injection when I saw the nurse in the evening.) It could have been so much more expensive and then I wouldn't be online because I couldn't have afforded the new router when mine died just when I needed it most!

Back