• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Something I noticed when Bob was Poorly...

Was that usually both buns really aren't overly affectionate, but whilst I was cleaning Bob up ad syringe feeding him, he constantly licked my arm and hand.

Would this be an act of love, as in saying thank you for helping him, or would it have been down to something else and I am just viewing it romantically I wonder?

Mand x

Misty licked my neck the other day when I gave her a cuddle after her meds and syringe feed.

She normally tries to bite me. I think she knew I was trying to help and that I was sad. :(

That's lovely, my bunnies have all nipped my flabby thighs during syringe feeding.:oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope he feels better now

Makes it all worth while doesn't it? I was so worried yesterday, and it was a lovely moment amongst all the anguish...

Obviously seeing him safe and sound and back with Abby is even beter though:D

I think in some way animals know you're trying to help them.

Whenever Barney goes through a moult, and he gets fur sticking inside of him and gets uncomfortable (which always happens at about 9pm, pft) he's always so happy and affectionate afterwards when he is better.. Not that I'm ever convinced anything I do helps him. He gets quite miffed with me giving him tummy rubs, poking food at his face or making him move.. But afterwards he seems grateful.

My cats definately become super-affectionate when they're ill and needing care. ^^

Back