• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feel like a total bunny mummy failure...it's a long one sorry:(

Tinkerbell's Mum

Warren Scout
As title :cry: Please dont judge me :cry:
i thought i was doing well by my lot.I never wanted 7 rabbits, i was happy with the 2 i had.But when we lost Kiara in january and had an empty hutch i went in search for a rescue bunny and found Tinkerbell and Thistle on rabbit rehome.How was i to know that in under 3 weeks i would be getting 6 more bunnies in the process.The person i got them from claimed she knew nothing about the pg and to be honest i was happy to have 6 ickle wickle cute bunnies.We did what we thought was best for them, cleared the shed and made a pen for tink and her babies so they would have more room and at 8 weeks i put them up for sale.Only 2 of them sold and like all babies they grow so quick and loose there cutness so i resided myself to the fact i would have to keep the 4 boys who were left.A month on the one boys started to pick on one of the others(Blaze) and bit and scratched him quite badly so we had to seperate him from then.He spent the night in the out house and the next day we went and bought the best cage we could afford, only to learn to today on here that it is a load of :censored: .I feel like a total failure to them all, we have bought 3 of those cages over last few months thinking we were doing a good thing, one has Blaze in, the other Tinkerbell and the other 2 more of the babies.The last baby is in a 3ft hutch :cry: and the other 2 in 4ft two storey hutch's :cry: They do however have time out everyday either in the run, out in the shed (all the hutches are in a shed with a wire covered door as well as the actual shed door so we can have to shed door open but them still be secure) or free run in the garden . I'm at point now where i dont no what to do :cry: I have put 3 of the babies on rabbit rehome(3 weeks ago) but have had no replies, i dont want to put them in rescue as there already brimming over ( we live in Eastbourne) and definantly do not want to give them away "free to good home" as you have no guarantee's and you hear some awful horror stories.Ideally i would of liked to have them all done and live togther but i dont no how realistic this is, esp after the babies attacking each other and it would be a long time before i would be able to do this as due to money would have to have one done a month, we have 2 girls and 5 boys.And just to top it all and push me over the edge our adult lion head broke out of his hutch when Tinkerbell was out and did u no what :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
hunny you obviously care about the bunnies and you are doing the bets you can. I'm sorry I'm not much help .
Beth.XxX

what you did, taking on a pregnant bunny is a good thing. i dont think you are bad a person i think things just snowballed, and it got a bit difficult. However, i agree with the free to good home thing, you dont know where theyre going. Why dont you pm SOAD or something n get a post put up in rabbits in need, and see if anyone on here with rehome your little ones?

At least you know people on here are great bunny lovers, good luck x

Sweetie You Need To Get Tinkerbell To The Vets For An Emergency Spey.....the Last Thing You Need Right Now Is More Babies, If He Did What I Think He Did...

How awful that someone else's stupidity got you into this mess.:(
You seem to have done the best that you can for your buns so no-one can knock you for that.:) but you are right in that a 3ft hutch is not an ideal long term solution for your rabbits.
Wouldn't it be a good idea to get an emergency spay for your female so that you're not faced with another 6 little bundles of joy some time soon, and then get your name down on as many waiting lists as you can to get them into a rescue - they will have a far better chance of getting them rehomed than you will, as like you say once they're past being tiny bunnies a lot of people lose interest :(

Back