• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Whats wrong with Pringle now...:-(...Orange nose?

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Today i cleaned all buns out and Pringle has a run on grass attahced to his slabbed run and hutch. Well today we moved grass run onto other grass as he seems to prefer that and hes been out on it all day. Well we went out for the afternoon and i have just got back and thought id put him back in. Well his nose is orange :cry: is this snuffles????:cry: im really worried, hes not eaten anything orange.
Heres a pic?:

DSC01158.jpg

Please help as im really worried...why is it him with all probs :cry:

Well he has been eaten grass ALL day as he seems to prefer the main grass to the one i laid in his run! Maybe cause he has eaten so much grass today? :roll: i just dont know, i dont know what snuffles even looks like thats how i panicked! x

snuffles is thick, creamy snot - bit like us having flu - although sometimes you don't see the snot as they wipe it onto their paws, so you should check their inner front paws to see if there is crusty dried snot on them too.

Hi Hayley - is there any dandelions where he's been grazing? O/H just said they're orange at the bottom....could be that. Is he behaving normally other that having orange on his nose?

BTW he looks gorgeous in the photo...:love:

Yea he seems to be fine. I have him a dandelion leaf and flower head earlier. Hope its that x

and thank you. Got some lovely pics of them today will post them soon :D xx

Yea he seems to be fine. I have him a dandelion leaf and flower head earlier. Hope its that x

and thank you. Got some lovely pics of them today will post them soon :D xx

Make sure you do! :D I've got some more of Murray to post, just haven't got round to it yet :roll:

Keep an eye on him, if it's no better I guess it'll be vets tomorrow for you...I'm sure he'll be fine, I know it won't work but try not to worry too much...;)

Last edited:
LOL at his orange nose!! What are they like??? You mentioned snuffles earlier and my bun has this and it's usually accompanied by lots of sneezing so I don't think you have any need to worry!! :D

from what i can see pringle looks fine, as long as he is acting his normal self!
but one thing it could be is that if bunny looks up to the sky on a warm day, their nose doesnt have so much protective fur and he could of caught the sun!
it happens to midnights ear stump (she lost her ear in 1st home) because there is alot of exposed skin.
just move his run to more shade, like under a tree, and hopefully it will fade!

It turned green with the hay when he went back in hutch :roll:
He did have some shade in his run. He is looking ok, bit quiet today but just think its cause it was hot earlier then started raining. Just keeping a close eye on him xx

Back