• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

5 and 1/2 weeka after neauter okay?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Is it okay to try bonding Blue, Magic and Asbeau tomorrow? It has been 5 1/2 weeks, my vet reccomends 4 and you guys reccomed 6 so i'm kind of inbetween???

who's neutered/spayed or not neutered/spayed?
if any of them are un-spayed id wait a few more weeks just to be safe ;) if they are all neutered/spayed then im sure you would be ok to bond them now:D

Yes if there's an unspayed girl around (even through cage bars :shock: ) he can still get her pregnant for up to 8 WEEKS after his op. Got to be patient for at least 2 more weeks :?

Yes if there's an unspayed girl around (even through cage bars :shock: ) he can still get her pregnant for up to 8 WEEKS after his op. Got to be patient for nearly another month :?

My vet says 6 weeks and I've never heard anyone else on the forum say longer than 6 weeks is necessary :?

damn. I wanted them to be ready befor ethe end of the holidays so I could keep a better eye on them :(

I'm now into day three of my trio bonding. All my buns are quite laid back back but I'm finding it harder than bonding two.
I think yes I've cracked it and then theres a scuffle between Furby(female) and my new bun Thomas(male.

I have them in the house usually they are outside, I'm going to be up all night keeping a close eye on them last night I went to bed for a few hours and a fight broke out :(

If I was you get Magic done then try them, Asbeau was tried with Basil and Holly yesterday wasn't he ? think you will need to work slowly with him .

yes but it wasn't Asbeau who started the fight, It was Basil, he is very protective of Holly. That's why I wanted to try three buns who had never met each other properly before.

If all three bonded I could either keep them in one play house or a 4ftx6ft shed with double hutch in, but that means i will ahve a random play house, I would put the piggies in but they make so much mess! so It's a tough choice. Although, I am worried about trying Blue and Asbeau as Asbeau was re-homed due to attacking his brother so maybe a buck isn't the best bunny for him to live with. I suppsoed I should just try Magic and Blue ( when ever he is ready) because they are the two most laid back buns and are most likely going to be bullied by Asbeau.
I don't think that made much sense :oops:
If B+M got on they could have the playhouse and Asbeau could have the otehr shed to himself, it would eb so much easier if Asbeau could choose a doe from a selection ( like at rescues) but among other things I don't think they would accept my housing :(

The reason basil was protective is most likely due to the fact Holly is still not spayed! I don't know how many times you've been told that the buns should be neutered before bonding attempts.

The exact same will happen if you try 2 bucks with magic, its an accident waiting to happen.

If a rescue wouldn't approve another bun, one wonders why you choose and went and got a 5th bun, especially as you don't vaccinate, and with all the VHD and myxi probs about.:roll:

I think my housing is fine :) It's just that rescues sometimes have larger standars than a 4ftx4ft play house and a 4ftx6ft shed witha hutch in. :)

Oh yeah, that's why I was thinking I didn't want to bond the two bucks with her afterall.

I'd advise you to get Magic spayed as well, and then bond them.. you could do the bonding during half-term

Is there a reason you haven't spayed Magic? I think if you want it to be as stress free as possible for you and for all your buns you should take Capels advice and get them all done and bond in your next holiday.

i'll go talk to my mum and hopefully she will let me get both Holly and Magic spayed, I want them to be spayed as I know they get cancer etc I am dreading their 3rd birthdays so I better get them done soon.
I suppsoe it helps aggression ( I thoguht i heard that soem where) cos Magic and Holly can both have a painful bite ( specially when Holly bit my bum the otehr day :rolleyes: )
What I woudl reeeealy want is for all 5 to live together in both playhouses and taking the divider out the run. Would spaying make that possible?

Quite possibly, if you bond them carefully and introduce them when you have loads of time to spend with them and make sure they are all ok then I can't see why they can't live as a five. :D

Well it will be a couple of months before they get bonded, Thanks everyone :)
At first I didn't belive how quickly my mum agreed to letting me get them spayed so soon, I asked if she really meant it and she said she loves the bunnies and wants them to be happy :)
Plus I think she wants the bunnies to move out of teh otehr shed so the piggies can go in there and mum can have her BBQ area back :lol:

Last edited:
It can take a few months after a female bun is speyed for their hormones to die down and for the symptoms related to uncontrollable hormones to subside. When Fia was speyed it took about 4-6 months for her to completely calm down and not be so territorial with her area etc. HOWEVER I did bond Zion and Fia when she was waiting for her op (Zion was neutered 4 months prior) and they were absolutely fine. That would be different when you're trying to bond more than 2 buns tho and of course each bun is different.

All I say is don't be surprised if your bonding attempt is unsuccessful in October due to the girlies hormones still being quite high.

Good luck

Shiv

Back