• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ginger & Night are off the website

i know. I want the relationship between me and my future buns to be prefect. i'm now looking for an older bun because getting them neutered is a hassle. {going to go change the siggy!}

If getting them neutered is a 'hassle' what are you going to do when they're ill? Will it be too much of a hassle to take them to the vets?:evil:

no. Its just the behaviour and separating them that's the hassle. I'm hoping to get a buck and a doe so they'll have to be separated, and I haven't got the room or money to get two hutches. And also, reintroducing them. :rolleyes:

I did pm you about your sig as it *did* come across like you wanted them to breed. Its not the first time I've seen people on the forum misunderstand it, and honestly don't think it gives a good impression to any rescues in your area, if I had buns to rehome in your area I probably wouldn't contact you tbh. If you are looking for buns, why not phone up your local rescues and see if they have any neutered pairs up for rehoming.:)

my siggy is this:

LOOKING FOR A RESCUER (because I want to help some buns live a nice life.)!! MUST HAVE SMALL/MEDIUM BREEDS TO REHOME (because i can't afford/have space for a large bun.)!! MUST BE FRIENDLY AND NEVER SEEN TO BITE (because they will be around children and my previous buns bit and i don't want that again.)!! MUST BE WITHIN RABBIT-FRIENDLY DISTANCE OF NORTH-WEST LONDON (because they don't get scared in a long journey home.)!! MUST BE BETWEEN 6 MONTHS - 2 YEARS (because I want a young bun who can hopefully have many years ahead of it.)!! PREFER NEUTERED BUNS (because i don't have to go through the hassle of separation.)!! ANY COLOUR (because all buns are wonderful whatever their colour.)!! PREFER ONE BUCK AND ONE DOE (because I would like to get to know both sexes and I've heard they are easily to pair up and it's more natural in my eyes.)!! WILL ACCEPT ANY PAIRINGS (because if the perfect pair came along, it wouldn't matter about the gender.)!! PM ME !! THANKS !!

hope that has put some people's minds at rest.

Sorry, but still don't think you'll be getting any pms from people on here as people will continue to misread it.;) Have you tried phoning around other rescues? :)

i've recontacted people who have posted on 'Rabbits In Need'. What do you think I should write in my siggy instead, now that you know the meaning of what I'm trying to say? And some people have pm me about buns they have for rehoming from seeing my siggy.

I never thought you wanted to breed rabbits as it says clearly you want neutered bunnies - if people can't be bothered to read it properly that's not your fault :?

It didn't always say neutered though and did intially say rescue or breeder.;) I've seen one or two other threads you've posted on and people have misread your siggie, not sure if you realised that, so just wanted to let you know.:)

Wouldn't it just be easier if you phoned a rescue or looked on rabbit rehome and then phoned a rescue? To stop people from mis-understanding your siggy :D
Or maybe you could put something like:
"I am looking for a castrated pair of rescue rabbits, preferably male and female, but I don't mind other pairings. Any breed or colour as all bunnies are beautiful and within a rabbit-friendly distance so they don't get stressed by the journey. If you have a couple of bunnies looking for a home, please PM me."
That might cause less misunderstanding aswell :)

Must admit when I was looking for a girlie bun for Bertie I didn't bother putting it in my signature.
I had a look on Rabbit rehome and found one within seconds :lol: I contacted B.A.R.C Angie did some vet checks and I collected her within a week.( Collected Fizz my bunny not Angie)

There are loads of paired buns small/medium sized is ARC nowhere near you ?

HI! I'd keep it short and just say you are looking for a bonded pair of neutered rabbits within drivable distance:)

i know. I want the relationship between me and my future buns to be prefect. i'm now looking for an older bun because getting them neutered is a hassle. {going to go change the siggy!}

If you are looking for perfection from a rescue then you may be disppointed. Rescues come with baggage in many cases so you have to be flexible to allow them to fit in slowly. Don't look for perfection because it doesn't exist.

If you are looking for perfection from a rescue then you may be disppointed. Rescues come with baggage in many cases so you have to be flexible to allow them to fit in slowly. Don't look for perfection because it doesn't exist.

Funny you should say that - I've just locked up my bunnies and I was thinking to myself how wonderful Maa is - she really is the perfect bunny! 3yrs old, unspayed, only got one eye, cost me £550 in vets bills last year, wouldn't live in the house, won't bond back to her daughters in the shed, refuses to be litter trained, but she is such a fabulous bunny - just a lovely lovely temperament and so full of energy - I can't imagine a better bunny :p

Back