• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

are 36" dog crates suitable for bunnnies?

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
My bunnies live outside in large separate hutches.
I know bunnies can live outside during the winter but I think I would be more comfortable to bring them inside.

The plan was when the cold weather sets in we will keep the bunnies outside in their hutches during the day but bring them in at night, giving them a 36" dog crate each to stay in. Would this be ok?
I did look at the 42" but there too big to have two of them in my kitchen plus its not for all day just during the night.

I used 3' crates for my bunnies - there was just room for a big litter tray and a mat. You might find they can't adjust so well to the cold if they've spent the night indoors in a heated house though - quite often it's freezing till 10am in winter. My hutches have shower curtain stapled over the mesh at the top (they are hutch over run) and I cover them in rugs at night, summer and winter. When it's really freezing I put a chopped down duvet under the rugs too - it is a bit of a fad though :roll: Don't need to go to the gym on the other hand :lol:

Back