• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help Help Help - Eggs!!!!!!!!!

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Cleaning all the rabbits out and ive just stopped!!!:shock: i am freaked out!!

Got to Pringles and there was a little white ball in the corner of his hutch on roof it looked like a wee ball of polystyrene! WELL!!!!!!!!! i think its an egg as there is 3 that i can see and there is spider in there too!!!! would it be a spider egg????????????:evil: :shock: :shock:

I am so scared of spiders so i hav stopped and phoned my O/H and told him he needs to sort this out (hes away to shops to get rabbit things).

I can not stand spiders.... will it be spider eggs? i can post pics if wanted. And if it is if it hatches there will be like thousands o spiders !!! AND what will happen to Pringle...will he be ok? (of course im going to remove eggs and give his hutch a good clean) but say they come back? will they harm him ARGGGGGGGGGGGG
Sorry just panakin!!!!:roll: :shock: :evil:

Hmmm, are the eggs surrounnded by webbing? All UK spiders live in webs as far as I know. I know all England ones do. I could tell you from a photo and if it is we can shudder with the heebie jeebies together.

As for comming back? Most spiders will make a nest where they think it's safe. Sometimes it takes a few goes but they eventually realise and move on. Like the web right by my front door. I swear the first month in that house I squished 70 spiders by my front door! The web is completly covered in polish as an extra deterent and hey presto. Gone! What I do is spray spider killer in the bathroom and celler, where spiders tend to appear but the bunny isn't allowed. Since I started doing this the spider population in my house is all but extinct.

As for how many spiders hatch from an egg I can't really say, I think it's 1 spider per egg but eggs are often so tiny that they are clumped together to form what appears to be a big egg but is really a lot of little ones...Spiders lay around 150 at a time.

But I'm arachnaphobic I only pick up information, don't WANT to find out if its true or not, but that's the facts as I know it.

Well i remember years ago their was a spider egg on my bin and millions hatched out of it :shock:
It looks like spider eggs but the spider next to it is MINGING funny colours! the eggs look like they are hanging from a bit of hair (maybe a web) but their doesnt seem to be any web around it :? O/H back he will get em :shock:

Awww - yes it's spiders eggs - the mummy spider stays with them and protects them. I just remove it with a stick and put it in the garden - it's most likely a garden spider so she will be fine in a hedge-bottom or somewhere dry. They are majorly sticky though - I tried to remove one from my lawnmower last time and mummy spider went crazy trying to hang onto her babies - so I felt sorry for her and left it on - they all went for a ride around the garden on the lawnmower :lol:

Yes i think they are spiders eggs too. We had one on the outside of the window. There were hundreds of tiny spiders when they hatched. YUK We left it cos they were outside.

Awww - yes it's spiders eggs - the mummy spider stays with them and protects them. I just remove it with a stick and put it in the garden - it's most likely a garden spider so she will be fine in a hedge-bottom or somewhere dry. They are majorly sticky though - I tried to remove one from my lawnmower last time and mummy spider went crazy trying to hang onto her babies - so I felt sorry for her and left it on - they all went for a ride around the garden on the lawnmower :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well my O/H has just got rid of them for me. He killed them :shock: (sorry) i just really hate them and would freak me out knowing their was millions of spiders under the hedge etc. Their was 3 eggs and 3 spiders! :cry: i hate them so much!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well my O/H has just got rid of them for me. He killed them :shock: (sorry) i just really hate them and would freak me out knowing their was millions of spiders under the hedge etc. Their was 3 eggs and 3 spiders! :cry: i hate them so much!

Ah well - I hate to say it but there's millions more out there where they came from :shock:

But spiders are good! There are plenty in my buns' run, I don't like to rehome them cos they keep the fly population down.

ick -huggles-did he kill the mummies too? I'd be freaked out if he didn't, like they may come back for revenge or something! So freaky! yuk! But yeah, try setting off bug spray for winged and crawling bugs in rooms where your bunny doesn't go. It should act as a deterent so the spiders KNOW that this is not a spider friendly place.

But spiders are good! There are plenty in my buns' run, I don't like to rehome them cos they keep the fly population down.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way :thumb: There are 3 resident spiders in my hutch, I look upon them as the rabbits pets!!:lol:

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that way :thumb: There are 3 resident spiders in my hutch, I look upon them as the rabbits pets!!:lol:

Yeah I do that :lol: 'How's your pet spider Benny?' :lol:

I do freak out going in the shed though - they are massive and hang just over my head as I go in the door - it is scary :shock:

Yeah I do that :lol: 'How's your pet spider Benny?' :lol:

I do freak out going in the shed though - they are massive and hang just over my head as I go in the door - it is scary :shock:

:lol: Ours even have names :oops: Bill, Ben and Bob!!

Aw, I love my spiders in the back... They build webs in the corners of the hutches where flies try and land. Whenever I clean the hutches out, and if one falls down, I wait until it has scurries back up the wall before sweeping. ^^ I'd prefer spiders to flies, anyway.

And I'm fairly sure they pose no threat to the bunnies.

I have two resident spiders, they spin between the hutch and a tree. Sometimes I carefully have to move support strings they're attached to the run lid. One is massive, looks like it's swallowed a small grape so I wonder if thats them mum and the other is dad :D

Spiders make me shudder its their legs :shock: but i don't kill the either not when they are outside anyway they got to live somewhere :lol: but sometimes when they are in the house sorry to say i do suck them up the hoover :lol: but outside nah they don't bother me. Earwigs on the other hand are the devils pet arrrgh they are the horriblest things and between april and june my hutches gets loads although they do not harm the buns they are still guests me or my rabbits do not like to have uuuurgh :shock: :shock:

Last edited:
Anyone scared of spiders whatever you do don't look behind the hutch in my bunny shed, the web is so thick you can't see the wall behind it!:lol: :lol:

I have arachnaphobia from a traumatizing event when I was around 6 so I kill the :censored: when they're inside. When they're outside I scream and run...well I generally scream and run inside and grab my can of spray...

Don't get me wrong I really hate the blighters, although I can tolerate the thin ones. The ones that make me squeal and run very fast are what I call the 'plug hole straddlers' :shock: big thick black hairy ones :shock:

Back