• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where can I get....

lynda_m

Warren Veteran
A big enough hutch/run combo for two bunnies to live happily in?

Honey can't be bonded to live in the shed with the others now after she had that fight with Bertie, and she doesn't seem to like Benji either so it looks like she will be living in the garden and we'll get her a friend that she does like when the time is right for us all.

But where can I find a decent hutch with attached run that I can close off at night?

Ideally I don't want a separate run as I'd like for her to be able to be in it whilst I am out at work.

The builders next door have nearly finished all of their noisy outdoor works so I want to try her outside while it's still warm.

Also, where can I find a flat fold away run?

How are you at DIY? I built mine, as it was the only way to get what I wanted. It wasn't that difficult. Bascially, you just need panes to put together. and a solid base.
DSCN0816.jpg

DSCN0826.jpg

I am rubbish at DIY!

Might ask the OH if he fancies a challenge, which I know he'll say yes to then never find the time to do it :lol:

Might give it a go though if I can't find what I want.

Yours looks good!

I made it myself, so it can't be that hard! It took about 2 days. It gives them 6' x 6' of space (it's Salt and Pepper's, so they're only tiny buns) with two small hutches in for shelter and lookout :roll: and a place for digging and running about.

I have a happy hutch combo for Trip and Scarlett :D

This is what I have for Buu

DSC01368.jpg

DSC01380.jpg

Its a 6ft happyhutch inside a run I brought from a pet shop. I dont think it would be too hard to make one though. I just leave the hutch door open all the time but you could just shut the hutch door if you wanted her in at night :D It has a little door, the lid is in three parts and comes off easily and it does all fold together so we can just stand it up against the shed if we need to :D

I can take some close up photos of how its been made today if you like :D

I love Buu's setup :D that run is fantastic - never seen one that big in the shops :shock:

I havent seen one since either :shock: I asked every single pet shop over here if they could get one and was told by them all nope you will never get one that size. Me and Kelvin were on our way to buy wood and mesh so he could just make me one and I was like oh stop here quickly I need some carefresh and that was outside, he was so pleased he didnt have to make one he was like buy it now quickly :roll: :lol: But that was 2 days after the same guy who sold it to me told me they never got runs that size in :?

I have a happy hutch combo for Trip and Scarlett :D

This is what I have for Buu

DSC01368.jpg

DSC01380.jpg

Its a 6ft happyhutch inside a run I brought from a pet shop. I dont think it would be too hard to make one though. I just leave the hutch door open all the time but you could just shut the hutch door if you wanted her in at night :D It has a little door, the lid is in three parts and comes off easily and it does all fold together so we can just stand it up against the shed if we need to :D

I can take some close up photos of how its been made today if you like :D

Woah, that set up is amazing!

We're off to B&Q tomorrow and charging up the drill tonight and we're going to have a go at building our own run... wish us luck :? :lol:

If you don't mind posting some close up, that'd be fab... and maybe one or two of the bunnies too ;)

Lynda you could think about a shed..then you could attach a medium sized run to it and have a cat flap..which you could secure shut at night..the shed would give them lots of space :D

Hello Jill :wave:

The five buns are going to live in the shed, Simon has laid the floor, we just need to make sure they are 100% happy together before we leave them to it.

However, as Honey doesn't like anybun, we've got no option other than to have her outside, she's a bit too destructive to live in the house full time, we want her to have somewhere where she can have a nice digging box and then a bun friend all to herself that she won't try and kill! I don't think she likes boys, any time she is let loose with them her tail goes up and she looks like a bun possessed, it's scary!

We just want her to have suitable accomodation where she has room to well, destruct things :lol:

Kernow Pet Housing will build to order. They are not cheap (my 6 ft x 3 ft double storey hutch was £350) BUT are built from solid wood and will last at least a bunny's lifetime. http://www.kernowpethousing.co.uk/

Green Fields Rescue have just changed their accommodation to 8 ft hutches built by this guy. He is fab.

Woah, that set up is amazing!

We're off to B&Q tomorrow and charging up the drill tonight and we're going to have a go at building our own run... wish us luck :? :lol:

If you don't mind posting some close up, that'd be fab... and maybe one or two of the bunnies too ;)

Oooh good luck :D Its gone really dark here, if it doesnt brighten up today I will get some pictures close up first thing tomorrow :D

Im off to B&Q tomorrow to get some corrugated plastic stuff to try and make her set up a little more rain and wind proof. I lost a plastic sheet the other night :shock: :lol:

Here are some close up pics hun, sorry they arent great :lol:

Each side is just a wooden frame with mesh, but it has wood for support kind of inside the main frame if you know what I mean :oops: So the long sides have 3 bits of wood for support and the smaller sides have 2.

DSC03516.jpg

DSC03521.jpg

Here is the door, it just has twisty bits of wood to open and close it but our garden is very secure so you could add locks and bolts and stuff :D I have some but they havent been attached to the run yet. On the other side of the door it has little blocks of wood attached to the frame to stop it opening both ways :D

DSC03515.jpg

All the corners are hinged so it just folds flat when you take the roof off. It doesnt actually coma apart though so its still quite long when its folded down, I just stack it against the shed when its folded. Sorry I couldnt get a picture of it folded, my brothers arent here and I cant get the happyhutch out of the run by myself :lol:

DSC03517.jpg

Here is the roof. It is in three parts and the middle part is a bit bigger than the two outside parts :D

DSC03518.jpg

It kind of just slots into place with these thingys

DSC03519.jpg

And its really easy to just lift them off

DSC03520.jpg

And here are some more just because I took them :lol:

DSC03514.jpg

DSC03513.jpg

Hope that helps a little bit :D Buu was being all moody in her hutch so I will get some pictures of her later :roll: :lol:

Wow, that is brilliant!

We're not too sure if we're going to make one or buy one now but it's got to go on hold for a week or so as someone weed treated the lawn :roll:

Back