• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO, JILL or SNOWY or anyone who helped the Birmingham bunnies last year

Joanne26

Mama Doe
:wave:

I have been searching the forum tonight for the original thread about the Birmingham Bunnies that were rescued last year (about Sept/october) My girlie bun Mishka was one of those bunnies and i am curious to know her story. I have found threads about the bunnies but not the original one? All the ones i have found are pics of them when they were rescued etc. If anyone can remember the title will you let me know please :) I would ask Angie but i know she isn't on the forum at the moment :(

My bun Dudley was from the birmingham rescue.

All I can remember from the story is that an awful lot of buns were found in a house, none neutered so the males all fought. My Dudley's got holes in his ears and scars from fighting.

I'm sure other people will know more

Nicola

Yes that's the original story, my goodness that has brought back memories, they were in a n awful state and my heart still goes out to that RSPCA officer who went and found them, she had no idea what she was walking in to:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

It was fantastic that we were able to help them all and we could only do that with the fantastic help and support we got off this forum.

I think I might start a thread called 'survivirs of the Birmingham Buns' and we could all post up our pictures?

Thanks for the replys everybody.

Poor buns, i didn't realise what an awful start Mishka had :cry: , and she is such a lovely bunny, i love her to bits :love:

OMG.....63 bunnies in 4 hutches :cry: :cry:

Thanks for the replys everybody.

Poor buns, i didn't realise what an awful start Mishka had :cry: , and she is such a lovely bunny, i love her to bits :love:

OMG.....63 bunnies in 4 hutches :cry: :cry:

Yes, it was horrendous, 22 had to be PTS immediatley because of their injuries from fighting, female bunnies were giving birth amongst all this lot, it was truly awful, I think you can imagine the types of injuries, I won't describe as they were truly awful.

It started off with a lady who lived in a road and was concerned with a neighbours dog and so she rang the RSPCA and an officer arrived to talk to the lady with the dog, as she knocked on the door the next door neighbour came out and said "oh are you with the RSPCA", the officer replied that she was and the lady said " oh, I've got some rabbits and I don't know what to do with them", so the officer sadi that when she had dealt with the issue with the lady and the dog she would call round to her house and give her some advice thinking she has a couple of bunnies and just wanted advice, when she went in she found 63 rabbits in 4 hutches and the sickening sight that went with it....................I could describe it but I won't as it is very upsetting,

The officer called for back up and dealt with the situation, the RSPCA rang Jane (who I foster for) and we agreed to take them otherwise they were all to be PTS, the rest is history as they say, I put up an appeal on RU and wonderful people came forward and we were able to save the lives of the remaining 41 bunnies............

Hope this explains it for you

Louise still has some of these buns in her rescue...I must look them out when I go on Thursday and post some updated pics for you.

OH MY GOD :shock: :shock: :shock:
this is awful. I was not around at the time of this but my gosh this is horrible.! she should have done something before the situation got so bad :evil: poor wee buns :cry: xx

Yes, it was horrendous, 22 had to be PTS immediatley because of their injuries from fighting, female bunnies were giving birth amongst all this lot, it was truly awful, I think you can imagine the types of injuries, I won't describe as they were truly awful.

It started off with a lady who lived in a road and was concerned with a neighbours dog and so she rang the RSPCA and an officer arrived to talk to the lady with the dog, as she knocked on the door the next door neighbour came out and said "oh are you with the RSPCA", the officer replied that she was and the lady said " oh, I've got some rabbits and I don't know what to do with them", so the officer sadi that when she had dealt with the issue with the lady and the dog she would call round to her house and give her some advice thinking she has a couple of bunnies and just wanted advice, when she went in she found 63 rabbits in 4 hutches and the sickening sight that went with it....................I could describe it but I won't as it is very upsetting,

The officer called for back up and dealt with the situation, the RSPCA rang Jane (who I foster for) and we agreed to take them otherwise they were all to be PTS, the rest is history as they say, I put up an appeal on RU and wonderful people came forward and we were able to save the lives of the remaining 41 bunnies............

Hope this explains it for you

:cry: :cry: :cry:

What an amazing job you all did at getting them away from that horror :cry:
Poor poor bunnies, and if it wasn't for kind, compassionate people such as yourself and others on here who helped coordinate such a mission then i wouldn't have my little Mishy today.........so thankyou all so much, i know i can't thank everyone personally because i wasn't on the forum when this happened, but suffice to say that you all know who you are. There is so much hurt in this world but then stories like this appear that somehow seem to restore some of my faith back into humanity :cry: :cry:

Sorry for the slightly mushy post everybody, but i got rather emotional reading the old threads :oops:

xx

Look at this old thread i just found :love: :love: :love: :love:
Baby Mishka

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=78142&highlight=baby+mishka

and this is her now:

Mishy1.jpg

The last ones from this place went from us a few weeks ago. Poor little souls. That woman... no I can't even start to say what I wanted to.

Yeah, Dudley is bottom right in my siggie. I love him!!

I got him Feb, I think. Because it was just after we'd lost Grace in Jan, then Smudge got attacked by Moonshine or Flospy cos they were living as a trio. After Smudge's op I daren't risk trying to re-bond so went on the look-out for a single male bunny.

We actually liked the look of Liam, but he hadn't been neutered at the time we went over to Tracey's. Anyway we took one look at Dudley and fell in love with his little fluffy face!!!!

Nicola

Yeah, Dudley is bottom right in my siggie. I love him!!

I got him Feb, I think. Because it was just after we'd lost Grace in Jan, then Smudge got attacked by Moonshine or Flospy cos they were living as a trio. After Smudge's op I daren't risk trying to re-bond so went on the look-out for a single male bunny.

We actually liked the look of Liam, but he hadn't been neutered at the time we went over to Tracey's. Anyway we took one look at Dudley and fell in love with his little fluffy face!!!!

Nicola

Ahhh, yeah that was it, i remember now. You posted on my introductions thread :D And i remember Dudley too. So is he Mishys brother then? :lol:

Hi joanne:wave: ,Skye is absolutely fine.Skye and her husbun pepper have been with me for the last 10 days while their mummy went on holiday.they've just gone back home this morning.It's always nice to see our bunnies again and i really enjoyed having them here.
Tracey.

Back