• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We need more vibes... now for Misty.

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
One of our bunnies has gone into stasis and is showing no signs of recovery :cry: I rushed her to the vets today and she has had Emequell, Metacam and Baytril. She has an elevated temperature, some gas but certainly not a severely distended tummy and the tiny and few stools she is producing are very dehydrated (but she isnt) strangely she is well in herself.

We are syringe feeding her but she isnt toileting or eating.

Im running out of ideas....Ive tried everything to get her to eat voluntarily.

The vet (duty vet not being one of mine) thinks she has an infection in her gut which has caused the raised temperature.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Wish I did :( However, I shall send lots of vibes to poor Misty from me, Jack and Taz, and have everything crossed that she improves soon. All the best to you both xx

go and see the vet again..asap!! also ask for some fibreplex paste..ithepled bif poo..small but lots!! its a 2 day course or thereabouts but we usually use 2 tubes when shes got tummy probs along with vets advice.

i feel for yu i really do..bifs only just got over her last bout.
mm oscar had a temp too..i reckonts an infection..but when bif had a temp one it was down to some inbalance with her liver..and shehad antibiotics and pre and pro biotics..and metacam and rimadryl injections.

i wish you all the luck..

Oh no - poor Misty. :( Is Emequell Metaclopramide?

May well be worth treating with Panacur - mine have EC-related stasis problems.

I will have everything crossed for Misty.

Oh no - poor Misty. :( Is Emequell Metaclopramide?

May well be worth treating with Panacur - mine have EC-related stasis problems.

I will have everything crossed for Misty.

Yes it is, she is already on Panacur....all our buns get a preventative course on arrival.

There are pro and prebiotics plus soluble Fiber in her syringe feeds.

Poor Bun :cry:

Not wishing to cause more worry but is she VHD Vaccinated? Although VHD seems unlikely if she remains 'well in herself' the other symptoms you describe appear to be the same as those that poor Su (CannonWoman) had to deal with in her 3 VHD affected Buns :cry:

Hopefully Misty does *just* have a bad infection and the abx will soon kick in.
I have been told that inappetance is a common s/e with Baytril. Some Buns stop eating on day 3-4 of treatment with Baytril

Sending Misty get well vibes

Janex

Poor Bun :cry:

Not wishing to cause more worry but is she VHD Vaccinated? Although VHD seems unlikely if she remains 'well in herself' the other symptoms you describe appear to be the same as those that poor Su (CannonWoman) had to deal with in her 3 VHD affected Buns :cry:

Janex

Sorry Sooz, but that`s what instantly sprung to mind for me too:(

I severely hope it isn`t though & am sending masses of vibes that Misty improves soon..............................

Su.x

Back