• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When Bonding goes Bad!!!

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
Owwww!

We had a rather messy bonding today, it began well with all the normal behaviour and then Ruffin tried to escape from Leo's advances and ran up my knee and onto my shoulder, I thought 'Oh how sweet, I had no idea she was so attatched to me'.

Ten minutes later the little :censored: was hanging off my thumb after going for Leo (head kicks and all) me intercepting her mid pounce and receiving a stunning bite that was meant for him.

Its right in the base where the tendons are and all swollen and blistered, not to mention bloody (blimey did it bleed)....not impressed!

So moral of the story.....always keep your wits about you when bonding, bunnies are so unpredictable!

i shouldbnt laugh, as i know how painful animal bites can be!

slightly smaller than buns i know, but i have trie dbonding dwarf hamsters before, and come away with a hamster covered in blood....my blood! had soem nasty bites to teh thumb, and also to teh [palm of teh hand, and what does everyone at work do...laugh!!!!!

hope your hand feels better soon....dare i ask will you eb trying a second bonding?

oh that's awful - hope it doesn't get infected :( Don't leave it if it does - some bunnies carry pasteurella remember and you may need antibiotics. Not to mention are you up to date on tetanus?

Owwww!

We had a rather messy bonding today, it began well with all the normal behaviour and then Ruffin tried to escape from Leo's advances and ran up my knee and onto my shoulder, I thought 'Oh how sweet, I had no idea she was so attatched to me'.

Ten minutes later the little :censored: was hanging off my thumb after going for Leo (head kicks and all) me intercepting her mid pounce and receiving a stunning bite that was meant for him.

Its right in the base where the tendons are and all swollen and blistered, not to mention bloody (blimey did it bleed)....not impressed!

So moral of the story.....always keep your wits about you when bonding, bunnies are so unpredictable!

Were you in with them when you were bonding them then? Its not a good idea to be with them in the same area when bonding because you are in their territory and it interupts the bonding process ;)
Hope your thumb gets better soon by the way :)

Back