• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunny Update !!

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Due to my attack of muppetry :oops: :roll: :oops: I have a bit of a backlog of news for you.
Firstly next Thursday Little Bill and John-Boy are booked in to be deplumed. Christobel says she's already nervous!!

Then on 10th September Bobbie will be going to see Tim. He will be doing a full blood profile and chest X-ray. If all is OK Bobbie will be spayed.........

:shock: :? :shock: :? :shock:

I cant even begin to think of how nervous I'll be on the day.

This morning Danny gave me a horrible shock. He was eating his SS when all of a sudden he had what *looked* like a neurological episode :shock: :? :cry: He started to stagger about, almost in slow motion. He also appeared to be trying to bite his own back, twisting his neck around :shock: :?
I immediately picked him up and his respiration became very noisey, like he had a nose full of water:shock: :?
I listened to his lungs and at first it was hard to tell if the rasping sounds were coming from his nose or his chest. I checked his mouth for a foreign body and checked his larynx for accute inflammation. His nose was not snotty but there was a significant watery discharge. I then realised that Danny had probably bitten his cheek/tongue when eating-hence the strange behaviour. The pain from the mishap made his nose run and that's what caused the raspy breathing. I have never seen anything like this before but I am so relieved that what I thought was about to be a serious problem turned out to be relatively minor. Danny is now 100% back to normal....PHEW!!

Poor Esme, my little Black Mini Lop, has a head tilt. She is being treated for both infection and EC. She is quite bright within herself but is only eating Veg and grass. Esme is from the place Libby and Alysia came from.....

Grandpa has had a sore willy again :oops: :cry: :oops: But it is much better now. He loves the new profleece I have bought and spends ages grooming it and buzzing :lol: :lol:

I hope no-bun else has a problem this Bank Holiday weekend!!

Janex

Good luck to the bunnies that will hopefully be castrated :)

I'm glad Danny is okay, bunnies like scaring us don't they. :lol:

sorry about the headtilt and sore willy :oops: :lol:
Hope they feel better soon.
((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))
Beth and the buns.XxX

Hello Jane - so glad you're back with us again, the place wasn't the same!

Hope all the buns stay well, and Grandpa's little chap is OK! :lol:

Hope Bobbie gets on well with his check up too.

Don't leave us again tho Jane....:D

What you described with your Danny was similar to BooBoo just after we got her. The three (her, Florence and Colleen) were eating when suddenly she went mad, running for one end of her enclosure to the other, bashing into things and the end of the cage and then went floppy. I picked her up and rushed her inside (the only time she's never struggled) and put her on the worktop while Maria rang the emergency vets. Over 20 minutes or so she slowly improved until she was back to her normal self. The only thing we can think is she had some food stuck but she definitely panicked us :roll: .

Neil

Awww, sending noserubs for Esme :(

I'm sure vibes will be aplenty when the others go for their ops ;) :D

Phew, glad Danny was ok, they do scare us sometimes don't they! :roll:

and poor Grandpas willy :oops: , bless him, he is a little fighter :D

oh and all i can say to this:

He loves the new profleece I have bought and spends ages grooming it and buzzing :lol: :lol:

is this: awwwww :love: :love: :D :D :lol:

Oh Jane, it sounds like a rather traumatic BH weekend :? Glad everyone is doing ok though, they're lucky to have a great bunny mummy! :D

Loads of vibes for all the castrations and spays xx

WOW.......it would appear that you have been busy whilst you weren't with us!!!:shock:

Best of luck with Little Bill and John-Boy's de-plummings.....I am sure they will be fine!:D

You must be UNBELIEVABLY nervous about Bobbie's upcoming blood profile and x-rays....fingers crossed firmly that she zooms through them with flying colours! Though of course THEN you will be a wreck over the spaying op.:( I will keep all fingers very firmly crossed for all of them, and bunnies will all keep their paws crossed!

Poor Grandpa......but I am happy that he loves his new fleece so much!!!:D :lol:

Very best of wishes and good vibes for all the buns!!!!! XXX

Oh dear Jane i really dont know how u can do all that :shock:. So glad they are all OK though.

Be good for them to be neutered but will be very worrying. Will be thinking about them :D xx

Back