• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Bandit :(

kayjay

Warren Veteran
I've been given a file of rabbity stuff that someone picked up in a job lot at an auction. It includes old copies of Rabbiting On as well as a folder of print outs from the houserabbit society. However on looking through I've come across a flyer that had been typed out and had the recipient's name handwritten on - I thought this demonstrates 'from the horse's mouth' so to speak the treatment of rabbits in this country

Dear Neighbours

This is just to let everybody living close to us know that after long and careful consideration we have decided to let our rabbit, Bandit, go free.

She is Bandit by name and unfortunately Bandit by nature, and we feel that when she made her recent bid for freedom that was the only time she had been truly happy since joining our family!

She is vicious, bites the hand that is 'attempting' to feed her, takes gauges out of our arms and hands when we undertake the daily transfer from hutch to run and generally thinks humans are a dreadful species, put on Earth to torment her!

She has no love for us and sadly, we are running out of love for her.

It wouldn't be fair to try to give her away and the local dealers won't have her because of her mean nature. The advice to us is to let her go and she can take her chances with the cats and dogs.

So if you see a really sweet looking white rabbit, we will all know that at least she is still enjoying her freedom. She may even decide to come back! But we don't want our neighbours to worry that she may have escaped.

Thanks to all

Signature

:cry: :cry: Poor Bandit..... I hope the girl who carefully kept this letter to her along with all the rabbit information did something about the rabbit taking her chances with the cats and dogs. Of course us humans aren't mean and nasty are we - we think it's fine to chuck the rabbit lose and let her be eaten :evil:

Unbelievable :evil:

:shock: :shock: ..... someone actually gave a copy of this to all their neighbours!!!!????, :shock: :shock:

:evil: :censored:

Yep that's what it is, hard to believe isn't it. It's got 'female' handwriting with the recipient's name on and their names and phone number at the bottom. I think it gives a jolly good insight into why rabbits end up as strays :evil:

:shock: :shock: :shock:

What the :censored: is wrong with people :?

I hope poor Bandit was taken in by someone, hopefully the girl who received the note did something about it.

:shock: :shock: for once i am actually lost for words!

Well, polite ones anyway!:evil: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I really hope someone took the little bunny in.

Su.x

I think if the girl who got the letter had copies of rabbiting on she probably had some idea of rabbit welfare, so maybe helped the bun

Back