• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

another question re pre-bonding

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Would it be ok to put both bunnies (one newly neutered the other not yet spayed) in a divided run so that they could at least get used to each other before I bond them? Its going to be at least 8 if not more weeks before I try bonding them.

Definately make sure that they cannot reach one another, they might try to bite if they are territorial. I have also heard on here that bunnies can mate through cage bars, so be careful that cannot happen too!

Definately make sure that they cannot reach one another, they might try to bite if they are territorial. I have also heard on here that bunnies can mate through cage bars, so be careful that cannot happen too!

Hiya

yes I heard that too!!! hoping to find a couple of cheap (or free) runs that I can just put next to each other so not even noses touch!

proper wire mesh runs should be OK but mine were in dog crates and even with a 2" gap between them, Benny managed to take a chunk out of Tia's face :( He lives next to Maa in a hutch now and tries to bite her through the mesh but can't seem to do any damage - and she seems to like the attention! But he's not as aggressive as he used to be toward her - I think he'd miss her if she wasn't there :)

Back