• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent bonding question please U/D fight overnight

karen354

Warren Veteran
Started bonding new rescue bun yesterday with Fudge and Furby.
None of them have ever been in the kitchen before so did the bonding in there.
Everything went very well the two boys are already good mates, Furby has been a little bit off with him and some fur pulling but nothing serious.

Everything has been great overnight and they all seem a happy trio:D

Decided to try them in the garden and back in Furby and Fuges enclosure, things didnt go well at all :( :( Furby( female) went straight for him as soon as they were out of the kitchen I seperated them and got scratched to bits but at least one of them were hurt.
I've put them back into the kitchen and all is calm again.
I have scrubbed the shed out,changed things round sprayed white vinegar.
Any ideas ? I think I'll have to give them another day and night in the kitchen but nervous about trying outside again.

IMAG1245.jpg

Last edited:
Started bonding new rescue bun yesterday with Fudge and Furby.
None of them have ever been in the kitchen before so did the bonding in there.
Everything went very well the two boys are already good mates, Furby has been a little bit off with him and some fur pulling but nothing serious.

Everything has been great overnight and they all seem a happy trio:D

Decided to try them in the garden and back in Furby and Fuges enclosure, things didnt go well at all :( :( Furby( female) went straight for him as soon as they were out of the kitchen I seperated them and got scratched to bits but at least one of them were hurt.
I've put them back into the kitchen and all is calm again.
I have scrubbed the shed out,changed things round sprayed white vinegar.
Any ideas ? I think I'll have to give them another day and night in the kitchen but nervous about trying outside again.

i had the same sort of issue - i think too much space too soon can be a problem. could you try penning off a small area of the garden?

i had the same sort of issue - i think too much space too soon can be a problem. could you try penning off a small area of the garden?

also actually, seems odd that furby was the one to have a go as its not her territory, she may just be a little nervous of the new environment that probably still smells a bit of the boys, i'm no expert but perhaps put a pen next to the boys area and see how that goes???

i'm sure some more knowledgeable people will be along soon :?

As far as I'm aware, you must leave them in the neutral area for about 3 days and nights unless it's a straightforward, boy/girl bonding. Rushing things usually achieves nothing except vet bills - hope it goes OK now :)

also actually, seems odd that furby was the one to have a go as its not her territory, she may just be a little nervous of the new environment that probably still smells a bit of the boys, i'm no expert but perhaps put a pen next to the boys area and see how that goes???

i'm sure some more knowledgeable people will be along soon :?

Furby and Fudge have been bonded for while now, the shed and enclosure are thier home they have lived together for months now.
Thomas is the new rescue bun I got a week ago.
Furby is the female so she's not happy that Thomas is coming to share her home..
They are back in the kitchen now and are all sitting next to each other very happily :D ..
Hubby is putting a new shelf in their shed and moving out all Fudge's and Fubys toys and then we'll try them in there again on Monday or Tuesday.

i bonded mine last week. and they only were fine back in the cage after they had flopped out together in the neutral zone. hope this helps.

You tried to move them to soon karen, give them 3 to 5 days in the kitchen before trying them outside.....it also gives them time to feel less attatched to their space and more attatched to the new boy.

You tried to move them to soon karen, give them 3 to 5 days in the kitchen before trying them outside.....it also gives them time to feel less attatched to their space and more attatched to the new boy.

Thanks, I thought maybe I've done it too quick.
I've now moved them into the conservatory the area is smaller than the kitchen.
Last night everything was calm so I went to bed 2.30 am, I got up early this morning to see there had been a fight :( the fight was between Furby and Thomas :( Furby has a small cut above her eye, looks like a fight has broke out and shes got scratched..

At them moment they are grooming each other and seem very happy together. The 2 boys are great together no scuffles at all.

I'll not leave them tonight I was wrong last night I shouldn't of gone to bed for a few hours.

Hopefully they won't fight again - they are bound to at first, trying to decide who's boss - fingers crossed they don't argue about it again :shock:

Back