• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much at vets

tracyuk

Mama Doe
How much do you all pay for your Myxi jabs. I went to the vet today and had
* Three myxi Jabs
* Three rabbits claws clipped
* Dietry advice
and Mimi had a good examination to check all was well.
It cost me £34.98 all together wich I thought was a good price. How bout you?

well it seems to me that u got a really good deal, or i have been majorly ripped off :censored: !!!! it cot me £53 for myxi and vhd vacs, dietary advice and nails clipped! but then again this is the only vets surgery i found in swindon, who i felt confident in their knowledge of buns!

For one bun?:shock:
I have always thought my vets was a good one. A fellow rabbit enthusiast suggested I take mine there!

£35 for myxi and vhd jab if done 2 weeks apart, £25 for seperate myxi jab. its about £5 for a claw clip. the vaccinations do include a check up though. my vets are the biggest group in barnsley and they are expensive but i cant really fault them as my vet is fantastic.

How much do you all pay for your Myxi jabs. I went to the vet today and had
* Three myxi Jabs
* Three rabbits claws clipped
* Dietry advice
and Mimi had a good examination to check all was well.
It cost me £34.98 all together wich I thought was a good price. How bout you?

woah, It cost me £47 today for some eye drops and rear gaurd!

That's very good value for money!

My vet is extremely expensive, but I know that. The only other alternative is a vet that I really don't like and although it's made me completely broke this month I am willing to pay it for his benefit.

This is how recent vet visits broke down:

*First Consultation £29.38, Fluorescein eye test £1.53, Fucithalmic eye ointment £9.15 =£40.06
*Second consultation £21.95, Fluorescein eye test £1.53 = £23.49
*Third consultation (and health check for vaccination) £25.93, Florescien eye test £1.53, Myxi vaccination £10.56 = £38.02

Very costly! :?

(The fluorescein eye test consists of a small amount of dye applied to the eye, then a blue light is shone on to it and it displays any scratches there may be)

Last edited:
I took the two foster buns on Monday and paid a total of £61.00. The Jabs were £14.95 each, but each was health checked, teeth examined including the back teeth using a scope thing in the back of the mouth, ivermectin spot-on (enough to treat 2 buns with follow-up in 2 weeks and then a month after), examination of two suspect lumps on Pansy's back which involved shaving the area and a needle aspiration to see whether they were old abcesses of something more sinister. Happy outcome btw!!:) The appointment was over 30 mins long and we had a lovely chat about rescues, rabbit personalities etc ! The VHD jabs will cost the same as the myxi.

I pay £11.75 for myxi jabs and my vet charges £8.50 for a nail clip - ebay nail clippers £3.00 so I dont get the clipping done!! Yours is definately a bargain!!

Nail clipping £15 Myxi & VHD jabs £25 each... Recent visit for Annie's bite wound and pain killer etc £75, for a normal consultation/check £35

You have a seriously good bargain there!!

Last edited:
:shock: :shock: :shock: blimey !!!!

my myxi & vhd jabs cost about £56, nails clipped £13.50, and to tell me nothing wrong with vhd limp bunny £15 :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wow, I did get a good deal. I know its not about the money and I would take them where I thought best regardless of price but he is very rabbit savvy. I saw the break downdown of the visit and he charges £3.50 for claws clipping. I cant believe the price some of you pay:shock: I have got clippers to do them myself but I have no one to hold them for me. OH doesnt like to handle them so I have to take them to vets, at £3.50 though cant complain!

Wow, I did get a good deal. I know its not about the money and I would take them where I thought best regardless of price but he is very rabbit savvy. I saw the break downdown of the visit and he charges £3.50 for claws clipping. I cant believe the price some of you pay:shock: I have got clippers to do them myself but I have no one to hold them for me. OH doesnt like to handle them so I have to take them to vets, at £3.50 though cant complain!

I'm not savvy enough to do it myself.... but i do believe with the offer of pizza a certain someone here will do it for me !!!! (cheers Chloe !!!:wave: )

I think generally it's cheaper up here. My vets are great (in Metheringham, Lincolnshire), very rabbit savvy and it costs me £10.50 per myxo jab and health checks come free with that. Tjey only charge a consultation fee if you don't have treatment.
I clip claws myself.

Back