• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need help my rabbit as behaviour problems

Before three day ago my rabbit was well behaved and then after wednesday his behaviour started becoming a problem he is pooing all over the floor when he is out of his cage, he is scratching my arms or other places and he as started biting me and other people can somebody give me some advice please.

Hi there, welcome to RU.

How old is your bunny? Is he neutered? His new behavior could be down to hormones. If he's not neutered and is at least 4 months old you should book him in to a good rabbit savvy vet. It will calm him down and he will be happier, and it will make him more pleasant for you :D

Alternatively has anything in his surroundings changed recently? He could be territorial and confused if something has changed. Have you moved him at all? Or changed his bedding material?

I'm sure it's something that can be explained and whatever it is someone on here will be able to give you advice as to how to go about helping the situation.

Thea

also make sure that you leave his litter tray in the same spot if he has one, it sounds like he is an indoor bun? and if he is using a litter tray, don't change what you are putting in it. buns don't like change particularly and changing things can bring on all sorts of behaviours. have you maybe changed cleaning fluids too? this could have an effect on him.
welcome to RU, this is a great place to learn!
x Jess

He sounds liek my Asbeau, but Beau bites, scratches, kicks and thumps. But he always happy flops afterwards :lol: He has been castrated for about 3 months, he is just aggresive, but I agree, I think it's just the hormones :) Good luck with the neauter!

He sounds liek my Asbeau, but Beau bites, scratches, kicks and thumps. But he always happy flops afterwards :lol: He has been castrated for about 3 months, he is just aggresive, but I agree, I think it's just the hormones :) Good luck with the neauter!
Mine happy flops afterwards as well but i am sure is because he as bit me lol.

also make sure that you leave his litter tray in the same spot if he has one, it sounds like he is an indoor bun? and if he is using a litter tray, don't change what you are putting in it. buns don't like change particularly and changing things can bring on all sorts of behaviours. have you maybe changed cleaning fluids too? this could have an effect on him.
welcome to RU, this is a great place to learn!
x Jess
Thankyou very much i eppreciate it.

Back