• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Questions...please read!!!

OK I have a few questions :rolleyes: :

*Are those little yogurt drops that they sell at pet stores bad for them? I have read that they can cause sudden death but I have also heard that they are fine?

*a couple of my friends have that colored bedding, is that stuff ok? Because it seems to me that if they ate the stuff they would get sick...

*my buns go CRAZY for dried cantelope. Is that ok for them to have it like once a week or so?

*does anyone have any tricks for clipping nails??? My buns (mostly Button) HATE IT and freak out. I mean by the time i've clipped one nail I have scratches up both arms!

*I found some yellow baby carrots and I heard that they have less sugar content and are better for bunnies? Is that true?

*Is it ok to give my bunnies baths every once in awhile? What about that powder "shampoo" stuff? Or just regular bunny shampoo? I have heard that baths are REALLY bad. What do you guys think?:?

Yeah so that pretty much covers it for now...I luv this site! What did I ever do w/o you guys???

If you have any opinions on any of this stuff please post/reply them!!!:)

:D iLuvStarbuckandBella :D

Last edited:
Don't feed the yoghurt drops. If you want to give them a treat, give herbs, or some of the natural products that bunnybasics sell.

I don't know what the coloured bedding is. I use hay for bedding, and wooden cat litter pellets for litter, covered with hay in their litter trays.

Not sure about canteloupe.

Have two people to cut nails. One to hold, one to clip. If necessary wrap them up in a towel.

Baths - I wouldn't unless advised by vet.

The 'lemon scented' and 'lavender scented' bedding is a load of ****, if thats what you are refering to. Wood shavings are bad for bunnies, due to the phenols contained in the wood. Try megazorb :thumb: or paper based bedding, much better for bunnies :D

*Are those little yogurt drops that they sell at pet stores bad for them? I have read that they can cause sudden death but I have also heard that they are fine?

Never feed manufactured treats, thay are full of sugar and other artificial ingrediants which have no place in a rabbits tumy. Every rabbi I have taken in here that comes with shop made treats has always been F.A.T!

*my buns go CRAZY for dried cantelope. Is that ok for them to have it like once a week or so?

Yes as an occasional treat although lots of people never feed their rabbits fruit of any description, after all I expect many of us would be happier if we had never tasted chocolate and didnt know what we were missing!

*does anyone have any tricks for clipping nails??? My buns (mostly Button) HATE IT and freak out. I mean by the time i've clipped one nail I have scratches up both arms!

Wrap bunny tightly in a towel with the paw you want to clip hanging out. Turn bun onto his back and hold him between your knees with his head raised at your knees and his bum by your tummy (you need to sit on the floor). If yur quite nervous have someone else hold bun like tis for you while you clip the claws. Remember to have some corn or styptic powder to hand in case you nip the quick.

*Is it ok to give my bunnies baths every once in awhile? What about that powder "shampoo" stuff? Or just regular bunny shampoo? I have heard that baths are REALLY bad. What do you guys think?:?

Dont ever bath your bunny, they are very clean and its totally unnecessary and likely to cause them to catch chill. Only bath your rabbit if they have sticky bottom/something that cannot be wiped and brushed out and then only wet the affected area.

The 'lemon scented' and 'lavender scented' bedding is a load of ****, if thats what you are refering to. Wood shavings are bad for bunnies, due to the phenols contained in the wood. Try megazorb :thumb: or paper based bedding, much better for bunnies :D

Is this really true about wood shavings? i have always used them. I put a layer of shavings in their litter pit (large base of an indoor cage) with a layer of hay on top/ I've never had a problem but don't want one either !:shock: Perhaps its ok as my buns are house buns and just go in it for a quick nibble and a wee (poops seem to be on my living room rug since i bonded the 3 :oops: - any recommendation here also welcome!) Interseted in opinions al round thanks :D

It's true for pine wood shavings, I think it affects rats more. But other types of wood are fine as far as I'm aware.

tru dat. :lol: If it says on the bag that it is made from soft wood then it is usually pine. :)

Back