• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit rescue show?

bunlover

Warren Veteran
what does everyone else think of a rabbit show for all the rescue bunnies it would raise the rescue profiles and get people interested in adoption mayb? and also would give some buns a really nice prize( all rabbit related of course) i part borrowed this idea from the excel show thread i duno how you would plan or what to judge but maybe awards for brave buns too? what do u lot think any rescue people think this would be a fun alternative to breeders shows?

Like a show only for rescue rabbits?
I've heard of pet shows (where all rabbits can be shown) but a rescue-only might be good too.

thanx for support thought as you were interested mayb others would but would not see it in the other thread if were avoiding breeders...so fort the new thread was needed..

It sounds like a great idea. It would certainly help spread the word about all the buns that need rehoming. Perhaps it needs to be organized in an area where there are lots of people from RU with rescue buns (provided they wanted to take part) and also where their are several local rescues. There's no point in organizing something where not alot of rescue buns could show up to.

This has been raised before but there are certain issues such as travelling and potential crossing of disease. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to show off all our rabbits but let's say you held it centrally (ie Birmingham), even for us in Blackpool it's a 300 mile round trip and probably 250 to London and back.
Nice dream, but a bit impractical, probably best to stick with posting pictures :D .

Neil (party pooper)

Maybe if you know the people who run the rescue you could PM them see if they are interested? I'm quite new so don't know anyone yet really! Also i know people at my work who really like rabbit and think they would like to come to something like that.

Something like this has been discussed on here before and the general consensus was that most buns would hate the travelling and being on show. Much as I love the idea I wouldn't take my buns as they would be terrified.

(Couldn't find the previous thread, will keep trying)

Something like this has been discussed on here before and the general consensus was that most buns would hate the travelling and being on show. Much as I love the idea I wouldn't take my buns as they would be terrified.

(Couldn't find the previous thread, will keep trying)

Thinking about it we would enjoy it mroe than the rabbits! :lol:
This is why i don't like the idea of showing rabbits in general, for a good cause like rasing money you can see the point but otherwise i can't.

you have to remember that rescue bunnies are not used to being shown... the ones at rabbit shows have been raised for that purpose. I think it'd be un-necessary stress for a rabbit who has probably already had a very stressful life... :?
Instead you can help out loads by attending and promoting rescue open days and fundraising event etc. :D

How about a 'cyber bunny show' Anyone with skype or something similar we could all log on as a conference call and have the bunnies in front of the webcam! :lol:

I know been a long day at work and still got an hour to go!!!

I don't agree with showing small animals at all as I think they find it far too stressful - although if they are brought up to it they may be OK. Rescue rabbits are already under stress, from an unsettled background so I can see it being immensely stressful for them, and would result in lots of attacks of stasis afterwards, as well as behavioural problems.

A much better idea surely would be for rescues to make a big day of it and have a fete with press releases, prizes, raffles, etc.etc. to draw attention to rescue rabbits without having to traumatise them?

fair enough good comments by all you are right no need for extra stress but a cyber show..now that im interested in... each bun could "tell their tale"

A cyber show could be great. :D
" pics..before and after type....and the rescue story of the bunster..

would need an independent judge...

Could n't you make it more localised? There appear to be lots of independant rescues on here and we're all familiar with rabbit rehome. I don't mean showing the buns as such, but by helping organise open days at the rescue centres. I'm sure most rescues would admit their resources are far too stretched to organize such an event, but with the help of volunteers it could be possible?

alternatively, what about raising awareness at county shows? they're attended by lots of children, esp school parties it would be a good place to start getting the message across. wouldn't be cheap, but if we could get rwa on our side have some bits to sell it could be worth it?

Back