• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Omg Look What I Just Found

that is :censored: !!!! i would not allow any animal to live in those hutches or runs. a hamster cage is larger than those. They also say "generous dimesions". :censored: :censored:

they say room for one or more and they reckon they're europes leading supplier :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: i don't think so!

and as for vinyl, how to create a sweat box :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: I think I've seen the 'guinea pig' hutch outside a shop before, my hamster's travel cage was honestly, not much smaller!:shock: :evil: :evil:

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I was especially horrified by THIS line:

The new larger dimensions and the two door opening makes a superb home

LARGER dimensions?!?!?:shock: :shock: :shock: Just how :censored: small were they BEFORE?!?!?:evil: :evil:

These are sold every where in the midlands, I can't believe that is the first time you've seen them? I always get rabbits given me in these, they're everywhere and awfully small :( , I use them as run hidies and they are not weather proof at all, in fact they soak right through in the rain, they're not cheap either considering the size and what they're made of. I did compalin to Jollies about them before as they sell them there and they told me that they wouldn't give the floor space to anything bigger, they're shocking.

I think that is a SHOCKING attitude for Jollies to have, as their 'we don't want to waste floor space' attitude is going to sentence a LOT of poor bunnies to a cramped, miserable life. No, people don't HAVE to buy them.....but I think that if they aren't prepared to 'waste the floor space' to sell DECENT and acceptable sized hutches, then they shouldn't bother to sell any at ALL.:?

I think that is a SHOCKING attitude for Jollies to have, as their 'we don't want to waste floor space' attitude is going to sentence a LOT of poor bunnies to a cramped, miserable life. No, people don't HAVE to buy them.....but I think that if they aren't prepared to 'waste the floor space' to sell DECENT and acceptable sized hutches, then they shouldn't bother to sell any at ALL.:?

They don't give a :censored: , it's awful I said that it's not the minmum rspca recommendation, but they weren't botherd. It's the one off the black country route, that's all they mainly sold is those hutches. They have started selling some longer ones but they're equally as thin. Two by two in brierly hill sell them, honestly all the pet shops around here sell those hutches, I've never seen any others, other than at one garden centre and pets at home.

So they probably are the laeading hutch sellers, I've never seen a shop that doesn't sell them, any other midlanders see a lot of them?

Actually looking at the piggie one it's a lot bigger then what it was, I think the old size was 25inch, it's so sad.

I'm lost for words except :censored: :censored: and :censored:

Why do these people think a Rabbit would want to spend its entire life in hutches like these.

Would you put a small poodle, toy yorkshire terrier, a cat or even a kitten in an area this small. NO I DON'T THINK SO!

How do these people sleep at night :evil:

I think they actuallt think they're good, seriously I've been given some seriously small hutches. I'll have to take some pics of them for you guys, maybe it's a black country thing or something. I had to get my hutches made as I found it impossible to buy an off the peg one.

I don't see the point in the RSPCA's new legislation on hutch size if shops are still allowed to sell this type of thing - surely it is now illegal? Ought to be anyway :evil:

Yeah i see loads of them round here in Derby too, must be a midlands thing, My cousin paid £40 when she got her baby bunny but ended up buying a new one a month after cause as the bunny grew he got less and less room to move about in . (he now lives in a huge hutch and run)

Charlie has a 4ft one made by THAT crappy company, not vinyl though what the hell is that all about- playboy mansion or something :shock: !?

They supply them to P@H, it is very very sh!te! We have it on a walled roof terrace and its not great in wet weather at all, I bring him inside. I dread to think how wet it would get in a garden. The legs have come off and the wood is really flimsy, the doors are badly designed and aren't hinged on the outsides so getting things in and out is a nightmare. To be completely honest its an embarrassment and I let him chew it because I hate it so much.

Before anyone jumps on me he is literally shut in it at night time for as long as I'm asleep and has a large pen around it during the day and when I'm home has run of at least the roof terrace, sometimes the house aswell AND he's having a new 6 x 2 x 2 one built for him and Jet to share.

I think we should ALL email them complaining!!!
They are :censored: ing :censored: 's :evil: :evil: :evil:

Might be an ok home for a beetle!!!!!!!!!!

Back