• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

yay! got my playhouse! PHEW what a night

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
SO pleased!!! :D

I have been looking for a second hand playhouse and managed to find one for sale not far from me. Looked at it at the weekend and put an offer in of £20 (!) as it looked like it needed quite a bit of work as we found bits of rot on the roof. Well, he accepted £25 but when we went and dismantled it last night it really did look in good nick so I was an honest gal (or just a stupid one) and paid £35. It was for sale for £40. Still think I got a good bargain though!

But what a saga! The trailer we were going to use was stuck at the very back of the garage, my car which died last year on a trip to woburn (another story there) had been sitting on my drive for a whole year and the tyres were flat (due to trying to stop gypsies nicking it :evil: ) and was in the way. My o/h had to remove 2 tyres at a time take them to the garage and get them pumped up.

We then went to dismantle the wendy house. (for a rest)

Then we had to move my car out of the way of the garage. UP the drive. Where my o/h got his strength from I have no idea he was like he-man. :lol:
We then had to clear out half the garage to get the trailer out.
3 journeys (slow ones) later we got it home.

Phew!

We then had to put the trailer back, put half the garage back and push the car back down the drive.

We then spent a tenner (which I could have saved) on a chinese because we were shattered!

So there you go!

Wow what a night, It will be worth it whenyou have the playhouse set up, the fun bit is painting it and making it look pretty for the buns.
By the way, I think you have just cost me a tenner because now I have read your thread I am thinking about have a chinese, thanks.:lol:

Wot, and you sat and ate a chinese b4 u erected the wendy house in your garden, kitted it out, built a run, put the buns in and posted some photo's 4 u????:lol:

Hello

Sorry for making everyone hungry talking about a chinese....:lol: I feel like I can mention this word now as it is scorching hot outside and a chinese must be the last thing anyone would want to eat now!

O/h is currently in the garden painting it, its not a very interesting colour some kind of brown :( o/h rejected all the other colours I suggested, pink with yellow flowers, lilac etc :lol: only joking!

Can't put any bunnies in it for about 2 months though due to new bunny only been neutered this week, SPudsey not being spayed for at least another month etc...:(

Hello

Sorry for making everyone hungry talking about a chinese....:lol: I feel like I can mention this word now as it is scorching hot outside and a chinese must be the last thing anyone would want to eat now!

O/h is currently in the garden painting it, its not a very interesting colour some kind of brown :( o/h rejected all the other colours I suggested, pink with yellow flowers, lilac etc :lol: only joking!

Can't put any bunnies in it for about 2 months though due to new bunny only been neutered this week, SPudsey not being spayed for at least another month etc...:(

Ooh, I cant wait to see piccys, be sure to take some. Pink with yellow flowers sound great!

o/h has painted it all, it looks great!! even in the browny colour! will take some photos once hes put it all up. got to prepare the ground yet

Back