• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Relaxed at the Vets?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
does anybody elses bunny relax at the vets? or do I have the weirdest bun ever?
The vet was feeling Blue's tummy today and Blue sunk onto the table and stretched his legs out behind him and starting closing his eyes :lol: And when the vet was checking his teeth he kept licking her :love: Then my mum put Blue's carrier on the desk and he ran over to it and got inside and waited for us to shut the door :lol:

does anybody elses bunny relax at the vets? or do I have the weirdest bun ever?
The vet was feeling Blue's tummy today and Blue sunk onto the table and stretched his legs out behind him and starting closing his eyes :lol: And when the vet was checking his teeth he kept licking her :love: Then my mum put Blue's carrier on the desk and he ran over to it and got inside and waited for us to shut the door :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope... mine both freak out at the vets...
Barney has sort of flopped against me whilst I held him like, 'mum! I've worn myself out trying to avoid this scary man, please take me home!' And Amber, last time, actually leapt from the table back into my arms... It's a shame, because the vet is very gentle with them!

aww bless none of my rabbits like the vets Honey panics when shes at the vets and Crystal always climbs up my arm when the vet touches her the other 3 just go really wriggly at the vets and hop around teh table trying to get away from the vet lol

Daisy is more relaxed getting examined by a vet, and being on the vets table than she is at home!

Maybe she's just weird... :?

Pringle is not to bad unless its his teeth getting checked and 9 times out of 10 thats whats being done, he darts straight up my front and cuddles into my neck:cry: really sad but nice to know he loves me at some point:lol:
xxx

Not relaxed... just scared sh***less!! But this means he stays still so they can do what they need to do. Mind you he did almost seem to be dosing off once so it can't be that bad... they are lovely girly vets!

Our vet said Buttons was really huffy when he went in for his neuter had to be cuddled by my dad while he got his injection thingy, lol and Casper was being so nosey looking around the room being himself he didn't notice th vet giving him his needle and continued walking around the table looking at everything:lol:

Poppy and Cleo are more relaxed cos there mainly alwasy togetherexcept when Cleo went for her teeth but i thik having each other there makes them calmer:)

Squidgy is very chilled at the vets - he frequently grooms the vet. Little tart that he is:roll:
Salt and Pepper hate it and cuddle up to each other.
Bobby and RUby hate being handled in general. They are both very good though, and Bobby usually tries to snuggle into me, which he would never do normally.

Back