• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shampoo for rabbits?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
I need to bathe Blue as he has never been to keen to clean his rear. Should I use someort of shampoo? I have Jhonsons small animald shampoo but I heard somewhere that it's bad?

Often poo will come off with just water. If not, I think Johnson's small animal shampoo is a good choice. Be careful to rinse it off properly though.

Amy

personally i wouldnt bathe a rabbit unless it was absolutely necessary. My Nala has wee stains on her back legs/bottom as well but when its bad i just wipe her with babywipes. You wont get the stains out but at least it will remove the wee itself;)

My lionhead gets a really mucky bottom but i just brush out what i can and then use a wet wipe to try and get the rest off i have considered bathing him before but i dont want to stress him. If you cant get it off any other way then why not just give him a bum bath? ;)

My rabbit particulaly loves having a bath. We use some shampoo we got from the pet shop. She likes the shower too but then she is a nutter!! :oops:

When any of mine have had mucky rears I bathe just their rear end in the sink using Johnsons Shampoo. Using the sink is really handy because if you have the tap running gently and at a nice temperature then you can really easily rinse the shampoo out.

Back