• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please send my poor Gideon some vibes

as i posted yesterday, my piggie Gideon has a swelling near his bum. we went to the vets last night and she's not happy with it. its not an impacted rectum and i isolated him last night from the girlies, and when i checked this morning he is pooing.

she thinks it could be a hernia (thanks elve for the tip) poss from his neutering or a cyst, or worse still a tumour.

he's going back to the vets for the day today to be anasthetised and have some surgical exploration of the area.

he's not had an easy life so far and i really hope we can sort this out. please send my boy some vibes. he is perky this morning so im hoping that he will be ok.

ive also had to ask for credit for the first time ever at the vets if he is going to need a big op, as ive got to vaccinate 6 of our 7 next week and thats going to cost about £170.

gideon is awake - they have removed the lump but unless they send it away for analysis they wont know what it is.

im picking him up at 6.20 so ill let you know how he is :D

i dont even know how much i owe the vet for the op yet - when i see them tonight i'll find out all costs.

it happened so fast. on weds night i found the lump, he saw the vet at 6.50pm yesterday, and today they operated bless him. he doesnt really seem to be affected by it though :) so hopefully its nothing too horrible.

Glad he seems OK at the moment. He must be such a little fighter to come through all that in such a short time.

Lots of healing vibes for the little guy.

FC

Back