• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

scottish rescue buns

gill shirlaw

Warren Scout
Hi all,

Just a curious question?

I am from scotland just beside glasgow airport roughly and was wondering where any of you scottish people or anyone that has got a rescue rabbit from scotland as well have got them from.

Ive found that unlike england there are very few scottish rescues and the cat and dog home and rspcas only ever have a handful if sometimes any.
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any nearer rescue centres to me or where any of you havew got a bun bonded or otherwise from scotland that you could recommend.

thanks alot.

gill

Hi Gill :wave:

I've been having exactly the same problem. There aren't many rescues in Scotland. I'm in Ayrshire and we are thinking of bonding our bunny Rosie but are having to consider travelling either to Fife (hunnybun on the forum or www.fiferabbitrescue.co.uk) or Arbroath (bunnyhuggger on the forum or www.bunnyhugger.co.uk) to get her bonded.

As you say, there are Scottish SPCA centres closer, but they cannot bond buns and, as you found, the last time I contacted them they had very few, if any, rabbits available.

Hi all,

Just a curious question?

I am from scotland just beside glasgow airport roughly and was wondering where any of you scottish people or anyone that has got a rescue rabbit from scotland as well have got them from.

Ive found that unlike england there are very few scottish rescues and the cat and dog home and rspcas only ever have a handful if sometimes any.
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any nearer rescue centres to me or where any of you havew got a bun bonded or otherwise from scotland that you could recommend.

thanks alot.

gill

Give me call anytime Gill :D 01337 842396

I had the same problem too. Ended up getting Skye at an SSPCA centre and tried to bond her with my original bun myself... 2 years later she is still living on her own. It would b really good if there were more Scottish rescues that could help out with bonding too.

Back