• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blue at the vets tomorrow!

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
oh my!
I just went to put him back in his shed when I saw his eye! It's got green gunk around it ans it looks like he has been dribbling, I fear that his teeth problems are back, he also just made a noise whic sounded like a grunt/cough, but I think that is beacuse he was annoyed with me cleaning his eyes.
I hope he doesn't need anotehr dental, he has been eating fine!

Edit, could he be allergic to wood shavings? he seemed okay when he ahd carpet in his hutcha dn just a litter tray with shavings in??

Oh no, poor Blue!

Have you got any Optrex eye wash? That's really good for small animal eye problems, it won't cure it but it will soothe it a bit.

I guess it's probably too late to get him to the vets tonight?

I hope he gets better soon.

Hugs

FC

Aww, poor little snuggle-bun... it does sound as though it may be his back teeth :( When did he last have them done? When I first got Vincent he was really dribbley and had a bad eye too, I was totally new to bunnies though so I was amazed when the vet said how bad his teeth were :( His teeth used to get bad really quickly too, so I had to book him in for a dental as soon as he went off his food. Is Blue eating OK? :wave:

Yes it could be the shavings if they've changed recently, they make me want to sneeze! May still be worth a vets trip to rule out other problems. The first thing my vet said to me was to stop getting the wood shavings for the buns. They now have 'their' towels, newspaper and hay :)

Thanks everyone :)
Ther vet had a look at his teeth and said there is no problem, so she said it was an eye infection, he has some drops to put in twice a day.
I was also given some rear gaurd as she is worried that he doesn't seem to clean himself properly and has bad urine stains.

Beth why not remove the shavings if he was ok before he had them? Put hay down or carpet/lino on the floor instead and just have a tray for his litter tray with wood pellets or paperbased pellet litter rather than shavings that could irritate his eye. Glad its not his teeth.. hope it is better soon

He usually has carpets in his shed and only a litter tray of woodeshavings, but the carpets needed washing so I put wood shavings on the floor, I'll clean it out whilst he is in teh run and i'll put shredded paper in his ltter tray? Until I can get soem sort of wood based cat litter?

Back